Interested in a MV - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Interested in a MV

Hello guys, just had an accident with my rsv4 2012 in the slippy shit roads from montreal. there is a dealer out here who has a brutale 1090rr 2012 they asking 20000$. They also have the last mv available in quebec for 2012 its 21000$. Im still not sure about the f4? I see alot of problems on the forums, bike cannot start or it has heat problems, still love the brutale thought, so what do you suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:02 AM

It was the older models that had the heat problems from what I read.
Why not get another RSV4?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

There is none left in quebec. I just want the sound of an inline V4, know what i mean?
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 AM

No significant issues with the F4 and your choice of model really depends on how you like to ride. I've now ridden both (very limited on Brutale) - I prefer the more integrated rider/bike feeling (not uncomfortable) of the f4 - and I understand that the f4 has more legs
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritpat View Post
There is none left in quebec. I just want the sound of an inline V4, know what i mean?
What is a inline V4 ?

Someone once asked me if I was "out of my mind". To which I replied "of course I am, as its dark & scary in their".
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
What is a inline V4 ?
Hahahaha well spotted Hoppy, a forgivable typo. I would probably go for the Brutale 1090RR but that's a big call from way over here in NZ, both F4 and Brutales are great (I ride both, they are just different, neither better than the other really) ps sorry about the RSV4, I ride one of those too but the MVs are my favourites.

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Big Randaddy

Those prices seem waaaaay high for left over 2012 models. I've not done the conversion between Canadian and US dollars, but still......toooooo hi!

The MV dealer north of Atlanta has 1090R and RR in both Brutie and F4 models left. We saw them yesterday. Pricing in the high teens.

Google Riders Hill or European Motorsports Dahlonega Georgia. 706-864-7777

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Last edited by Randarosa; 08-23-2012 at 07:36 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 PM

Motor Sports World in Ottawa have 2011 left overs at great prices. When I picked up my F3 there was a guy from Quebec picking up his new F4.

To reply to the other remark about prices, welcome to our world here in Canada! Even though our dollar has been above or at par to the US dollar for several years now we still get raped due to our much smaller market.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Motor Sports World in Ottawa have 2011 left overs at great prices. When I picked up my F3 there was a guy from Quebec picking up his new F4.

To reply to the other remark about prices, welcome to our world here in Canada! Even though our dollar has been above or at par to the US dollar for several years now we still get raped due to our much smaller market.
thank you guys. ill look out that garage in ottawa, seems good. theres no point in buying a 2012 at 21000 when the 2011 is 18000
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:18 PM

Hot, hot, whoa!

As mentioned above, MV has updated the cooling system in the 2010+ models. That's not to say that it still won't run hot, but I would wait for a response from riders living in areas where the temperature is regularly over 85 F degrees. In addition, new owners will sometimes react when they see coolant spill out of a bike when they come to a stop. Read some of the coolant forum quotes and you'll discover that if you fill the coolant up the the high level, the bike will burp it up - perfectly normal. Both my Brutale and F4 have the upgraded fans and pump. They run hot whenever I hit stop and go traffic, but no overheat so far. Keep in mind I take every precaution to avoid traffic when I ride in temperatures exceeding 90F. They get very, very hot, very very quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritpat View Post
Hello guys, just had an accident with my rsv4 2012 in the slippy shit roads from montreal. there is a dealer out here who has a brutale 1090rr 2012 they asking 20000$. They also have the last mv available in quebec for 2012 its 21000$. Im still not sure about the f4? I see alot of problems on the forums, bike cannot start or it has heat problems, still love the brutale thought, so what do you suggest?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode