Servicing your MV in OZ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Servicing your MV in OZ

Gentlemen,

This thread really aimed at the boys in OZ but feel free to voice your opinion. Where and who do you get your bike serviced with and who have you had trouble with recently?? I am having my bike serviced by a guy in the northern beaches you all know who he is, and for some strange reason everytime my bike goes in and comes out something happens to it so i have to fix it. For example it goes in for a service and i get it back and a indicator isnt working or the main beam light is dimming. I dont know if he just wants to suck more cash out of me but it's a joke. Also i have caught him out on the pricing on some things which he qouted for me. Is there anyone else in sydney you guys take the bike to which have really good service. i dont want to send my bike to queensland cause the guys up there are really helpful and 99% of the time tell me whats wrong with the bike even over the phone. Service service service we may be riding exotic bikes but doesnt mean we have to be charged an arm and a leg for normal items. A good friend of mine services his bikes at home and does all his own repairs cause he thinks all serving gus are just jokes. And he has some exotic bikes all of which we all dream over. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
wnehme, hello! Just thought i'd chime in and ask where your registry submission is and give you the classic stick poke
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Hi, i am fortunate in that I have a really good relationship with the importer, probably because this is my third MV. I give him feedback on such issues as this. At this point I am really happy with Stoney Creek Motorcycles, run by Craig Moodley. He can't do enough for me, and since I live on the other side of the city he even picks up my bike for me. Nothing is too much trouble and I am really happy. His chief mechanic is a guy called Phil who is passionate and has just got back from working on top race teams in Europe. He has just recieved some new trick diagnostic gear and I can recommend them.I actually have some graet chats with him.
Others when I ask questions allways seem to want more money and put "band aids " on. These guys don't. If you contact them ask for Craig he is the owner and mention my name, you should be fine.

MVA Sydney
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:07 AM

Greg,
Sounds like Stoney Creek are the go.
I'm right round the corner from "Actions" here in Parra but have had nout but trouble from them for a long time & not just in relation to an MV.
I've also heard not much good about Tim either ... so it could be interesting.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 AM

Yeah. I hate to say anything bad, so I won't, but Stoney Creek have done right by me so far. Action I whent in there and the guys really showed no interest in MV at all, so I won't be going back.
As for Tim he is a friend of mine, but is limited by whatever mechanic he can get which I understand is proving difficult.

MVA Sydney
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:48 AM

I went to Action to get a price on an airfliter and they wanted to charge me $390.00 for parts only. So should I bend over and lube my a$$ for you as well?

I do all my servicing myself and but you can try SPM (Sydney Performance Motorcycles) as he use to work for Stoney Creek before going and opening up a shop himself - so he knows and passionate about the MV.

I got my tyres from SPM front and back fitted for about $450.00 Pilot Powers. I also got Engine ICE from them. Did the coolant change myself as it was dead easy to do. If your not handy with the spanner give him a call and tell him that I sent you there.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 AM

Great thanks, I will keep that in mind

MVA Sydney
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 AM

+1 for Stoney Creek. They are a class act on all fronts. Great friendly, enthusiatic staff who are always willing to talk over your needs.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:08 AM

My comments probably not much use as I am in Queensland, however I use Paul Feeneys service and sales off shoot Moto Arena, bought all my MV 's though them and equally servicing, cannot be faulted and are just top level professionals!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:56 AM
anothermvfanatic
dont ever go to moto one in melbourne
they suck the biggest dogs ballocks ever
ahhhhhhh im so passionate about their crap service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode