1+1 into a single seat? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

1+1 into a single seat?

Picking up my MV F4S 750 tomorrow. It is a 1+1 not sure I like the rear pegs and seat. It is a good price so I am going for it.

Is it easy to take the rear pegs off, does iot look ok? What about the seat? Are there covers made or do I have to invest in a new rear seat unit?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanners
Picking up my MV F4S 750 tomorrow. It is a 1+1 not sure I like the rear pegs and seat. It is a good price so I am going for it.

Is it easy to take the rear pegs off, does iot look ok? What about the seat? Are there covers made or do I have to invest in a new rear seat unit?

Cheers
Welcome and congrats on the new MV.

The pegs come off very easly. All you have to do is unscrew the 4 "bolts"? (sorry i can't remember if thisi is the correct the word in english, righ now) and take them off.
As for the seat, i don't know if there are covers made but i think the seat is very well integrated on the tail section. But of course, if you want a mono........
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 AM

FWIW, I believe there are different tail sections (rear subframe and bodywork, seat bump pad) between the 1+1 and mono. There are people who have converted. but as you can imagine, pieces aren't cheap.

Jack
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
For some reason on the solo i bought, i have the subframe for a 1+1, as well as the yellow shock that i have been told only comes on the 1+1. So i am not sure what happen when they were putting everything together they included a few 1+1 pieces, but the subframe for a 1+1 will work for a solo tail section. if you need some pics let me know and i will send them your way. Hope this helps

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham
For some reason on the solo i bought, i have the subframe for a 1+1, as well as the yellow shock that i have been told only comes on the 1+1. So i am not sure what happen when they were putting everything together they included a few 1+1 pieces, but the subframe for a 1+1 will work for a solo tail section. if you need some pics let me know and i will send them your way. Hope this helps
Then, that really sounds as though you have a 1+1 with a monoposto tail fitted, and the pegs removed. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:10 PM

yep. i noticed that when we went riding that day. makes it easy on you if you ever want to go biposto. you'll just be short the tailsection, seat, and pegs.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Established Member

1+1

Flanners or Greeneggs willing to sell or trade your 1+1; frame or tailpiece or both?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:55 PM

best of both worlds

I have a 1+1 with a mono tail section the looks are great, plus I have the choice of putting my standard two seater and take my wife for a ride. Its the best of both worlds.[IMG]dsc00008.bmp[/IMG] [IMG]dsc00021.bmp[/IMG]
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
If you need help posting images you can upload them to the gallery or e-mail them to me ([email protected]) and i'll be more than happy to post them for you.

P.S. Welcome! Be sure to post your MV in the registry
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Smile

Thanks y'all, I would be interested in any pictures people have of the 1+1 conversion to a single seat version, please email me etc.

I am looking at purchasing the single seat in the UK, any ideas where Emoto Parts do one, I like the idea of the best of both worlds, as I prefer the lines of the single seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode