Just Fell Over - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Just Fell Over

Dead still in a parking lot in front of a motorcycle shop on the way home from purchasing the 312. Kickstand wasn't all the way down and I was half-way off the bike, over she came. Just a couple of minor scuffs (barely noticeable and it identifies her as mine) and a snapped the end of the clutch lever (new one arrives on Thursday). Been riding for over 40 years and I guess stuff still just happens.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Not The first & hot The last.

Oh Man, I feel for you - stupid stuff like that really gets in your head, gald to hear it turned as good as could be expected. BTW I love your attitude.

We have ALL done it at one time or another, especially after a long 'trouble free' period we tend to get complacent whether we admit it not.

My wife last Tuesday was riding her Moto Guzzi out the driveway she saw our neighbour and stopped because she wanted to talk to her - anyhow, she stopped with the back wheel on driveway & the front wheel on the road - of course when she went to put her foot down, she realised there was the 'dip' and as she is not 6'5" she was never going to reach the ground before the bike got past 45degress - the rest is histroy. She also got lucky - clutch lever snapped (fixed next morning) & the centrestand lever held the bike off the ground not a scratch anywhere. She did jar her leg tho as she valiantly tired to hold the 200kg beast up before succumbing - God bless her

Good luck with the new bike - I am sure you'll love it notwitstanding the insupicious start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Oh Man, I feel for you - stupid stuff like that really gets in your head, gald to hear it turned as good as could be expected. BTW I love your attitude.

We have ALL done it at one time or another, especially after a long 'trouble free' period we tend to get complacent whether we admit it not.

My wife last Tuesday was riding her Moto Guzzi out the driveway she saw our neighbour and stopped because she wanted to talk to her - anyhow, she stopped with the back wheel on driveway & the front wheel on the road - of course when she went to put her foot down, she realised there was the 'dip' and as she is not 6'5" she was never going to reach the ground before the bike got past 45degress - the rest is histroy. She also got lucky - clutch lever snapped (fixed next morning) & the centrestand lever held the bike off the ground not a scratch anywhere. She did jar her leg tho as she valiantly tired to hold the 200kg beast up before succumbing - God bless her

Good luck with the new bike - I am sure you'll love it notwitstanding the insupicious start.

Rob, that's two hiccups over Moto Guzzis in the last few months.........

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:

We have ALL done it at one time or another,
Geez ok ok - ditto for me too - my baby's first bubble bath - I moved it forward to finish the wheels. Not enough attention to the sidestand and over it went ...like slow motion - fortunately(?) on to me in a semi-crouched position so I had little leverage to bring it back up and had my leg pinned underneath. Once the family got over the "humour" of it they helped me get it back up embarrassing given it was in the front drive way in full fiew of neighbourhood

No trauma to the bike but I trauma enough for me NEVER to do it again.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Rob, that's two hiccups over Moto Guzzis in the last few months.........
Yes Randy you are right & I did point that out to Lou - I am telling her the new Brutale 675 would be a much better bike for her She likes the idea but doesn't want to sell the Guzzi nor her Vespa, simply add it to her collection - I wonder where she gets that from

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Yes Randy you are right & I did point that out to Lou - I am telling her the new Brutale 675 would be a much better bike for her She likes the idea but doesn't want to sell the Guzzi nor her Vespa, simply add it to her collection - I wonder where she gets that from
Can't argue with the Vespa.....I just bought Jackie one.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
micwhitt1,done it myself,lucky all fairing panels were off,she went over gently in the garage onto some carpet so no damage to the bike,but my little finger got caught under the handle bar and disslocated the finger (fuckin bike tried to kill me) off to emergency for 6 hours. Just make sure the stand is fully extended before leaning the bike over.I am sure you will in the future anyhow.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 AM

Tamburini was home sick the day they taught kickstand design in school.

If I park my F4 anywhere in public, I use a bungee to hold the stand to the front disc. You never know when someone's going to feel they're allowed to sit on it for a cheeky photo or see how heavy it is as you're chatting and putting on your helmet. Even after modifying the spring plate so it wont auto-retract, I still don't trust it fully.

Si
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Is my 750 stand different? I havent had much issue beyond it feeling loose from time to time (and just needing to be tightened down) and rubbing on a spot on both the factory bodywork and the carbon fiber where the spring is.

Being said I have dropped it. I was on it though and was able to slow it down so the only real damage was a scratch on the mirror (since replaced), scratch on the phonic cover (also replaced but I need to get some sort of guard for it) and a scratch on the airbox from my watch, where my wrist got pinned between the handlebar and the airbox because the PO had moved the bars way back.

My technique for keeping asses (that arent mine) off my bike is a two-parter. First I have a cable lock that I run through the frame and my helmet to lock my helmet down on the seat, second I have the factory alarm sent to "sensitive" so tilting the bike results in an ear piercing scream.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM

Last week, drunk, forgot what happened and suddendly I lied on the ground. Me and My 848 got small scratches

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode