F3 v 675R aus mag - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up F3 v 675R aus mag

Hi all.

Here is a write up on the F3 v Daytona 675R.

Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf f3-1.pdf (945.7 KB, 149 views)
File Type: pdf f3-2.pdf (1.12 MB, 111 views)
File Type: pdf f3-3.pdf (1.09 MB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf f3-4.pdf (1.17 MB, 107 views)
File Type: pdf f3-5.pdf (1.26 MB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf f3-6.pdf (1.14 MB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf f3-7.pdf (1.17 MB, 121 views)
File Type: pdf aus.pdf (956.6 KB, 117 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 06:02 AM

New Site Garage
Smile Thanks Dino

Give me the F3 eveytime, I love the way they seem to think it's a great, out of the box, ready for the track bike.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 07:09 AM

So if MV can get the weight, gadgets and track lethality sorted for the lower priced f3, why can't they for the f4? Their .
supersport has more tech than their flagship. Hopefully this is just a sign of stuff still to come.

Great write up btw, provides a bit more insight than just a slagging session. Thanks for that

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Exclamation How It Works IN Real Life Vs Magazine Hypothesis

I have an F3. Here it is:

I LOVE my F3 - it's hot to look at - Trooper Lu's Garage gave me a well sorted bike from day 1 - further maps have made the 'normal' setting map a tad better (although I never use it, maybe if I go city riding one day) & it's getting yet another map update tomorrow even though I think it doesn't need it and don't even know why but I trust Justin & the crew at Trooper Lu's Garage implictly.

It handles like a charm, sounds friggin' awesome and that's stock, I can't wait my 'special pieces' to arrive from Italy - we are creating a banshee.

Is it NOT a contest bewteen the F3 & the Triumph 675 in real life - If you want an F3 you'll buy an F3 & if you want a Triumph you'll buy a Triumph - pure and simple. And those that buy an F3 because they want it will be very happy with because it is what they want - those that buy a Triumph for the same reason will be equally as happy for that very reason.

Any bagging of the F3 used to get under my skin - now that I have had the pure unadulterated pleasure of about 1300klms of riding under my belt - it just makes me laugh, in the way that you laugh at someone when you watch them slip on a bannana peel - embarrasing but funny.

It is also noteworthy that the commentary of a non affirmative nature usually comes from those who don't own or have ridden an F3 - But had "read" all about it, because as we know, it's the exact same thing.

PS. Thanks for the original upload - Dino = Champion

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 08-03-2012 at 12:22 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Well Roy, I don't know if they are 'Good words' - but I'll certainly back them as accurate words.

The tail end has started, the Sato racing hooks nicely cover the old footpeg holes & they are useful as well for transporting. I haven't seen a tail tidy that grabs me yet plus another MV is distracting at the moment Hopefully some better tail tidys will appear and then I'll move with haste - not getting anything just for the sake of it - any decison that I've regretted was usually made on that basis.

Enjoy your ride and above all ride safe.

Cheers
Rob

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 AM

I definitely like the MV more than I like the Triumph in terms of looks. Not having ridden the F3 yet I don't know what it will feel like but it is no exaggeration when I say the Triumph is a smaller version of the Aprilia I bought. It is that good. I do agree that all those electronics on the F3 are just useless and a gimmick. They should just worry about sorting the bike out and making it as good as they possibly can. And transfer those electronics to the F4 and sort that one out next because boy is the F4 getting bad reviews in the press.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM

That was an awesome review, thanks for posting that up. Have to say the result is as expected though when price is considered. The Triumph simply has the best hardware in Ohlins and the Brakes at a considerable lower price. Although it would seem the MV had it pipped in a good few areas, just not enough for the magazine to recommend it over the Triumph.

For us MV enthusiasts the price doesn't really matter too much, so I'd still MV it.

I've got a couple of bikes now, a Brutale and a Diavel, and when we go out for a ride on them I can totally understand the sentiments in the 'road' part of the test. If you get any MV on a smooth section of road and it just kills everything else, but as soon as the road gets a bit bumpy me and my mates always start fighting over the Ducati. I reckon it's the same way with these two machines, and yet you don't want to live without one or the other.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode