Which to get MV Agusta f3 or Triumph675? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Which to get MV Agusta f3 or Triumph675?

Hey everybody im new to the forum and currently ride a Ninja 650 which i love but looking to upgrade to bigger and better things... Im torn between the new 2013 MV Agusta F3 or the 2013 Triumph 675r. Ive ridden japanese bikes my whole life and all i know about these bikes is from what ive seen and read. Im looking for educated advice on these 2 bikes on which you recommend i get and why, and if you have any experience with these bikes...thanks in advanced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 AM

your on an mv site so im tipping we will stear towards the mv
welcome to the site
stay awhile

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 01:11 AM

You gotta be having us on

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
When you say "bigger & better things" I'd argue that you're only going slightly bigger. I mean, doing the maths on this, the difference in cubic centimeters from the Ninja 650 to either of the 675 bikes you mention is only 25 cubic centimeters larger.
That's only about 3.9% bigger.
Are you sure you're setting your sights high enough?

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4-1NXS View Post
If you spend time on the forum as well as keep upto date with MCN reports you will read that the F3 is apparently a stunning bike but has many pitfalls including the initial mapping which has now been fixed, pretty intidy wiring and various other initial problems which go hand in hand with the introduction of a new bike. I will be open and say I have never liked the F3 even from initial design but to say that on an MV forum, you tend to get slated, so I will let others tell you how wonderfull it is.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46507

On the other hand I cannot praise the Triumph 675r enough, this is one amazing bike which has been proven time after time both on track and road, it looks amazing and if you see both the F3 and Triumph 675r side by side, I still prefer the Triumph.

The thing is; and note this!! if you go to a scottish MV dealer & compair both, have a chat with the sales you will definately be steered towards the triumph. Its an amazing bike which shows results and has the back up after sales service you need and expect, unlike MV.

I have owned 3 MV's - both the F4 750 EV03 and the F4 312R from brand new and then due to crap design and quality of parts of the later bikes, as well as absolutely crap back up aftersales, I opted for a F4 1000s next as I thought no piont paying an arm and a leg to MV when they cannot provide spares or a decient aftersales. hence I bought a 2nd hand well cared for F4 1000s from a really decent guy on this forum, I know the history of the bike and know it has been well looked after without paying a silly price.
So I am not directing you away from the F3 due to not liking MV's, but I do have experience of pure shit aftersales back-up. (apart from the 1000s where the salesman has been excellent, also a good friend).

Remember the new 2013 Triumph675r as you will be aware has changed considerably from the 2012 model and you should be able to get excellent deals on the amazing looking 2012 triumph due to this. They have also taken away the underseat exhaust and changed it to side mount for better centre of gravity handling (can you get any better handling than what they have already)?

As I previously said, My local dealer who stocks both the F3 and the Triumph could not speak highly enough about the Triumph, spoke about the pitfalls of both and advised the Triumph was the much better bike.

Remember you will be a "tester" for the F3 as they are still finding many faults

what ever way you decide to go, good luck and enjoy

That's going to go down well here Roy!

I honestly don't know what I would buy, i'm having as much trouble with Aprilia spares as I did with MV, so maybe that's an Italian thing,(although my experience with Ducati spares was always positive) all I want is a new front wheel after the tyre fitter managed to mangle mine and up to now it's been a month and Aprilia go on their summer break next week.

The same type of thing happened with my F41000S when some clown fell off behind me and bent my rear wheel in July of that year, my new wheel appeared in October, so with MV/Aprilia etc any spare 'crucial' to your bike being on the road may end that years riding.

I would have to ride the two bikes then have a think, without riding them my heart says MV but my head says Triumph purely for the back up/after sales................just as my head is now saying (about the Aprilia) sell the POS and buy another S1000RR

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk; 08-02-2012 at 03:37 AM.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Just been through this exact scenario with my wife. She had an ER6n and was torn between waiting for the Brutale (Australian market) or going with the proven Street Triple R. The Street and Brutale are almost identical in power, torque and weight. The Brutale has a few more electronic bells and whistles but misses out on fully adjustable suspension if I recall correctly.

She settled on the Triumph in the end and I must say it's an awesome little machine. Her reasoning was that the performance difference is neglible, it's a known quantity and is less hassle to own than an MV (we have a Triumph dealer locally, closest MV dealer is 2hrs away). This all suited me fine as I had just sold my Speed Triple and was considering a Brutale, which I bought. Couldn't both be riding bikes of the same brand now could we

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 05:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
You have to have a certain passion to own an MV,it helps in dealing with the niggles. Get the Triumph.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 05:47 AM

New Site Garage
+675

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
You have to have a certain passion to own an MV,it helps in dealing with the niggles. Get the Triumph.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
When you say "bigger & better things" I'd argue that you're only going slightly bigger. I mean, doing the maths on this, the difference in cubic centimeters from the Ninja 650 to either of the 675 bikes you mention is only 25 cubic centimeters larger.
That's only about 3.9% bigger.
Are you sure you're setting your sights high enough?
Easier to understand if you've had the opportunity to ride both. Don't get me wrong , the Ninja 650 is not a bad bike but it's really only slightly better than a glorified commuter. The Street is a far superior bike in many aspects
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Established Member

Reading posts on this site made me aware of the pitfalls of MV ownership but that didn't stop me trading my brilliant Street Triple for a 1090rr Brutale best motorcycling decession I made. If practical considerations are your main priority when buying a bike perhaps you should be thinking about buying a car instead.

Bev

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode