How good is your MV dealer? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Question How good is your MV dealer?

Without resorting to bad language or any comments with may bring libel law suits. What made you buy your bike from a particular dealer? Would you buy another bike from them in the future? Was is because they were local to you? Perhaps the opposite; you travelled a long distance because that particular dealer was known by you to have a good reputation.

I'd like to concentrate on the good points with this thread please. There are lots of stories of people being disgruntled with the service they have received from certain dealerships but lets hear the positive stories for a change. Did you have a major problem with your bike which they resolved or do you just get good service from a particular dealer? Come on Guys (and Gals) lets hear it for your particular MV dealer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 02-14-2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 01:51 PM

i am interested since i'm in the market right now so this thread is valuable....i have had much discouragement from FBF....wondering how true or false that is?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I got mine from a dealership in PA called American Warhorse. They have been so good to me, giving me discounts on anything i possibly wanted that had to do with the bike. CF, services, dyno tuning, you name it. All the guys i have talked to are crazy about bikes in general and one guy named scott about MV's in particular. They offer about 10 different manufactuers of bikes, as well as jet skis, ATV and dirt bikes. i would buy another bike from them in a heart beat. they didn't jerk me around on the price or give me any grief when i negotiated with them. I just wish it wasn't a 4 hour drive to get there from Northern VA. Great Dealership!!!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 03:17 PM

I picked mine up from Paul Feeney on Gold Coast, price and pre sales aside, the one thing that sold me was the workshop and the mechanics.
I knew it would be serviced and tuned there and with only 2 in Queensland to choose from, this was to me critical

Workshop was spotless, and even although there is an OHS (insurance) law about being in the workshop, these guys dont mind you hanging out whilst they work on your bike! Invaluable for informetion and the how to's
Mechanic had been trained in the factory and you could tell....
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Established Member

I've been dealing with MCC in Villa Park, IL for a few years. I've known one of the brothers that owns the place from the track for years. Stellar dealer, excellent service. Not always the cheapest place to buy stuff, but they offset that when they give me stuff for free or help solve problems above and beyond what other dealers I've dealt with would be willing to do. One of thier mechanics walked by my bike a few months ago, noticed something that needed attention, brought out tools and parts and fixed it on the spot. No charge for anything. I didnt even ask for help. For service like that, I pay a little extra. It all works out in the end.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham
I got mine from a dealership in PA called American Warhorse. They have been so good to me, giving me discounts on anything i possibly wanted that had to do with the bike. CF, services, dyno tuning, you name it. All the guys i have talked to are crazy about bikes in general and one guy named scott about MV's in particular. They offer about 10 different manufactuers of bikes, as well as jet skis, ATV and dirt bikes. i would buy another bike from them in a heart beat. they didn't jerk me around on the price or give me any grief when i negotiated with them. I just wish it wasn't a 4 hour drive to get there from Northern VA. Great Dealership!!!
that's great because i'm currently talking with a salesmen named Jim there and hope to be able to drive 4 hours myself to pick up a F4 soon.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMF
..One of thier mechanics walked by my bike a few months ago, noticed something that needed attention, brought out tools and parts and fixed it on the spot. No charge for anything. I didnt even ask for help. For service like that, I pay a little extra. It all works out in the end.
Was that Dave? He's taken a look at mine and tuned it up at the track too. Very nice guy!

Cose Superbikes has been good to me too. They're in my back yard. Great dealership, good people. Years ago I stopped by and was just browsing (read admiring) at some bikes. I told the salesman I was always interested in the 916s and the Aprilia Milles. He asked if I had ever road one. I said no, so he said, lets go. And we went for a ride. I think I had to borrow a helmet since I was in the cage with the wife. Got a chance to ride a Mille R and Ducati for the first time. Came back later and got my first ride on an MV. I knew if I ever was able to buy one of these bikes, I'd have to give them a chance. They have been good to me.

As for Fast By Ferracci. I've dealt with them once. I won an e-bay auction of theirs on a rear wheel for an MV. After winning, I sent them the money same day. They wouldn't honor the auction, said they had dropped the wheel. Yet they wouldn't send me pics of the damaged wheel and it took WEEKS to refund my PayPal money. So I don't do business with them and don't recommend them to others.

Jack
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Established Member

Hey Jack...

Selling your Gladio? For the 910? That's a lot of motor for that bike...but it is OHHH SOOO SWEET!

Yeah, that was Dave. Kevin in parts is great too.

I've heard a lot of great things about Corse. Both shops seem to have stellar reps in our area. Although I think Corse was getting some very highly trained mechanics, if I recal. Guys that had some very interesting experience tuning Ducatis for race use.

As for FBF...Well....searching almost any board will find a story or 3 about difficulty in dealing with FBF. Hey, with places like these dealers and Pirates Lair, who neeeds FBF?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMF
Hey Jack...

Selling your Gladio? For the 910? That's a lot of motor for that bike...but it is OHHH SOOO SWEET!
Mine is the 910, was considering the 910R for the radial brakes and black fork tubes. But I love my red frame...

Jack
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Established Member

Is that the only difference? Could you swap out the fork tubes and brakes? Probably cost prohibitive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode