Newbie from Brisbane Australia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Newbie from Brisbane Australia

Hi All, been lurking around this site for the last couple of weeks now, thatís when I had first had my heart set on getting an Agusta.
A little about myself: Iím 47, just got back into riding 4 months ago and am loving it, wish I did it a lot sooner. (Life got in the way). Anyway, I live in Cornubia, just south of Brisbane, Australia. Currently ride a Kawasaki ER-6N and am now ready to get a real bike. My plans were to get a Daytona 675, loved the look, test rode a few and just loved them. As my wife really loves to get on the back of the bike with me now and then the Daytona just didnít suit.
The Triumph dealer I went to then showed me the Street Triples which I didnít mind either, didnít look anywhere near as good as the Daytona but was more suited to my (and wife) needs. The dealer was also an Agusta dealer and he had a Brutale 920 in the showroom, it looked awesome, and got me thinking.
I went home and did some research, (thatís how I found this site) then I found the Brutale 675 B3, well phuck me, I was sold. Craps all over the triple. What a fantastic looking machine along with the F3. Problem is that itís not currently available in Australia and wonít be till September / October, according to the dealer. How the hell am I supposed to sleep till then.
Anyway Iím going into the dealer this weekend to put my order in for one, (Pearl White), also thought I might take the 920 for a test ride if I can.
My question to you all is: What do you think of buying the ďfirst ofĒ something? Is the Agusta product stable enough or is there a chance of major headaches down the road for me.
Keen to hear your thoughts.
Also, what a great looking forum this is, seems to have a great bunch of friendly and knowledgeable people.
One last thing, I see thereís lots of members here from the Brisbane area, Iím usually out on at least one day every weekend in and around Mt Tamborine, Mt Glorious, Mt Nebo or Mt Mee and anywhere else I can find. I usually ride with a mate who rides and Aprillia RSV4, so if after September you see these two Italian beauties (The bikes) riding around, stop and say hello.
Hope this post hasnít been too long.
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 PM

Welcome Paul - just west of you - yes MVs are awesome
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 PM

Gday Paul,
Welcome to the forum mate.

Someone once asked me if I was "out of my mind". To which I replied "of course I am, as its dark & scary in their".
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:19 PM

Talking

Hi and welcome Paul

Mate, your right, that F3 sure looks the goods And like you, I can't wait to see one either.

I think the first model of anything will have some gremlins.....Remember, MV Agusta is not a HUGE company, owned by some Auto Conglomerate, so things will, and do sometimes take time. But MV Agusta HAS improved a lot compared to pre Harley ownership IMHO. You know, just don't expect Honda turn around.

Hope to meet you on the Mountains soon
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Great to see another Brisbane boy on here,welcome,good to catch up some time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Howdy. If you are going to pack the missus on the back the larger engined Brute might be the go. In regards to torque there is no substitute for cubic inches.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:27 PM

welcome to the forum..and YES..this is a very friendly place with LOTS of knowledge that will help u to resolve any issues with your Brute!

MV is one great machine...no matter the F4 or Brute...both gorgeous bikes..but F4's look BETTER!!!! hahaaha

~Serge~
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Aussie Aussie Aussie....
Oi Oi Oi.

(It's the national anthem).

Welcome from NZ.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
col

New Site Garage
paul my rule is
i never buy the mark one always wait till the next lot is coming off the prod line
which in oz its great the rest of the world get the first off the line have all the faults which are then sorted by the time phase 2 are on the line
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Established Member

Hi Paul. Not too far away from you at Slacks Creek. Dad and I usually hang around Mt Tambo and the general area, he lives out that way. Good luck with the MV. Hopefully meet in person soon.

Deano.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode