Intro and a question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Intro and a question

Hi Guys
Stumbled across your forum here, very nice and lots of knowledge to be gained for sure. I've been poking around some.
I'm 55 and I have been riding for 40years. Most recently, a Triumph thunderbird storm, Street Triple R, Bennelli TNR 1130 etc.etc.

I really miss my Street Triple and I am considering the new F3 but when it comes out "Naked". So my question is: in the past when MV transforms a bike model into a Brutale version do they retune the engine for more low end torque?

We just recently had a local dealership pick up the MV line and I have always admired the brand. I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada BTW.
My local dealer had the F3 for all of a day and I couldn't make it out for a look. The pics and info on this site all indicate it's a winner for sure.

Looking to gaining more info and knowledge about these amazing bikes

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi Gary !

Welcome on the forum ! I am at the moment waiting for delivery of my B3. It looks even nicer than the Street Triple, if you ask me .... ;-)

But to answer your question, this is indeed de case for the new 3 cylinder, 675 engines :

Brutale 675
TOTAL DISPLACEMENT675 cm3 (41.2 cu. in.)
MAX. HORSE POWER-R.P.M. (AT THE CRANKSHAFT)80.9 kW (108.5 HP) at 12600 r.p.m.MAX. TORQUE-R.P.M.63.6 Nm (6.49 kgm) at 8600 r.p.m.

F3
TOTAL DISPLACEMENT675 cm3 (41.2 cu. in.)
MAX. HORSE POWER-R.P.M. (AT THE CRANKSHAFT)94.2 kW (126 HP) at 14400 r.p.m.MAX. TORQUE-R.P.M.71 Nm (7.24 kgm) at 10600 r.p.m.

Stay low, move fast ...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome and the info. I was unable to find those specs. Sounds very encouraging.
Of course I will be anxious to take one for a road test when they become available.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to our little family/forum. The Brutales have traditionally been tuned for more mid-range and real world power vs the all out race track power of the F4s....however, there has never been a compromise in handling, suspension or power delivery.

The F4 is a wicked all out race track oriented bike...the Brutale is an urban Hooligan. But where the Japanese have dumbded down their naked bikes, MV does not.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Welcome to our little family/forum. The Brutales have traditionally been tuned for more mid-range and real world power vs the all out race track power of the F4s....however, there has never been a compromise in handling, suspension or power delivery.

The F4 is a wicked all out race track oriented bike...the Brutale is an urban Hooligan. But where the Japanese have dumbded down their naked bikes, MV does not.
"An urban hooligan ...", sounds nice ! :-]

Stay low, move fast ...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koen View Post
"An urban hooligan ...", sounds nice ! :-]
Ed has a way with words

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:

Listen to what Ed says. He has been around bikes his entire life.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks Ed that's exactly what I was hoping for. Useable midrange for street without a compromise in handling or suspension ...perfect.

All too often when a full faired bike is turned into a "naked bike" we don't see the same level of brakes or suspension.

Now all I have to do is wait for it's release in Canada.
Gary
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
Listen to what Ed says.......
......except about women and politics.

Thinking about that, I wouldn't listen to much of anyone here on those two subjects....me included.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode