a matter of trust ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

a matter of trust ?

Hey guys,

I sold a couple of parts to a forum member who is not comfortable to pay me until the goods arrive.

So my question to those of you who have dealt with me is ; Am I "trustworthy and honourable" in my dealings with you guys ?

I was " comfortable" to post them which I did,,, So what is the etiquette on this as I'm confused a little. ?

; )

joe

ps just wanna say I'm not worried in the slightest of the honesty of the buyer..I don't think for a moment there is any issue at all. I guess we all like to be trusted.

Last edited by gotojoe; 05-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Money first. Send Item with tracking number.
There are some guys on this forum I'd entrust my life to.
As a small example of trust, Randy has "our" F4CC titled in his name, insured in his name & tagged in his name. No money has exchanged hands. Melanie & I paid for it but it sits in his garage, well cared for. If he chose to he could sell it or, as he often jibes me about, part it out & we would not have a legal foot to stand on, even with Elton gunnin' for Randy. That's the kind of trust I have in Randy, and more....
Ed's received many thousands of dollars of parts on my behalf and shipped them to NZ. Could have put those parts on Gina. But always sent them on. That's the kind of trust I have in Ed, and more...
And this is also true of several others on here, from my perspective. It's a great place to be.
Now, would I trust Chuck and Melanie in a spa pool at the Cartersville Hilton at 1 am?
Actually, yes I would.
Joe, I hold you in very high regard. I'd trust you to send these items, post haste upon receipt of money. And that's the order of things regarding internet sales. Simple.
Dave.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
As a small example of trust, Randy has "our" F4CC titled in his name, insured in his name & tagged in his name. No money has exchanged hands. Melanie & I paid for it but it sits in his garage, well cared for. If he chose to he could sell it or, as he often jibes me about, part it out & we would not have a legal foot to stand on, even with Elton gunnin' for Randy. That's the kind of trust I have in Randy, and more....
Ed's received many thousands of dollars of parts on my behalf and shipped them to NZ. Could have put those parts on Gina. But always sent them on. That's the kind of trust I have in Ed, and more...
And this is also true of several others on here, from my perspective. It's a great place to be.
Now, would I trust Chuck and Melanie in a spa pool at the Cartersville Hilton at 1 am?
Actually, yes I would.
Joe, I hold you in very high regard. I'd trust you to send these items, post haste upon receipt of money. And that's the order of things regarding internet sales. Simple.
Dave.

Thank you Dave, Maybe I'm a bit sensitive ; ) I have my friends Brutale
titled in my name as he is in hospital...
I love being a member of this community..It is a special place we have found here and special people...

And by the way..I also would hold you in the highest regard too Dave : )

cheers

joe
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 04:23 PM

Ditto to Dave. Joe is well known this side of the pond and to me is clearly well regarded by one of the biggest dealers in secondhand/new parts for MV Agusta's (not sure I can name names here!)

Also trusted CAG, on a number of occasions, Ed, JDS and Al of Design Corse to name but a few.

It is a difficult situation I know, but if you are in need of something you have to take a few on the seller. Eg on eBay you would look to the number of sales and there feedback score.

I believe Joe is a knowledgeable, regular contributor, and well regarded on this forum.

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Al-

My brief dealings with Joe give me a strong impression that he should be counted amongst the most trustworthy people to deal with on this forum.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Actually, yes I would.
Dave.
+1

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 05:43 PM

New Site Garage
Oh....and I might add that the village that we live in (New Zealand), is far too small to get unethical behaviour. Sure it happens from time to time, but we'll find you...

I don't see a whole lot of difference between that and our "family" here....well apart from the distances

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys... Thatz probly enough references for me to go to heaven !
Long may the mutual trust and respect between us persist.

cheers. : ))

joe
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Established Member

Sorry Joe, i would NOT trust you with my bike!!!! House, car etc sure. But the bike, never!!! Would be to afraid that you might take it apart just to see how it was put together.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
Sorry Joe, i would NOT trust you with my bike!!!! House, car etc sure. But the bike, never!!! Would be to afraid that you might take it apart just to see how it was put together.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode