Isle of Man 2013 Calendar. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Thumbs up Isle of Man 2013 Calendar.

Hi People

I bumped into an old friend at Silverstone a few months ago and he told me about one of his close friends was doing a new calendar for 2013 on the IOM theme.

He showed me a rough outline of what the calendar was going to look like and I thought it was pure creative genius.

Well all it took to create this TT calendar was a gorgeous blonde from up North, several tubs of Swarfega, umpteen gallons of diesel, and a creative journalist.

Who needs swanky Pirelli professionals when you have Manx farm animals and a stunning biker girl whos up for a laugh.

All the props are genuine, kindly lent by Guy Martin, John McGuinness (in whose leathers the model was almost arrested), Ian Lougher, a farmer (who supplied the goose) and an eccentric Manxman. Even the jerry can in the Brandywell image has a history it belongs to veteran TT racer Vin Duckett.

With the exception of Brandish Corner, which was foolishly shot at rush hour, all the pictures were taken at around 4am over a four-week period throughout the TT and Manx Grand Prix.

Quote: It was bloody cold though on the Mountain at 4am though you can see the goosebumps on the Windy Corner image (November).

An exhibition of calendar stills will be on at the Sayle Gallery on Harris Promenade from May 28 to June 8. The public launch starts at 7.30pm on Sunday June 3.

These calendars cost 14.99 Plus postage World Wide.

Please send me a PM or an email and Ill give you full details on where to get hold of these calendars.

Alternatively, if anyone needs help and wants me to get hold of a one of these calendars and post it out, I dont mind helping out.

Its the least I can do for the creator of what I think is one of the best calendar ideas Ive seen for a long time.

This would look cool hanging in your garages and might even give your wives or girl friend a giggle. You never know, this might be the impetuous for your partner to do their own calendar tribute.

John
Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JDS; 05-25-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Brilliant !!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode