Do dealerships serve a purpose? /rant and call parts suppliers for shipping /protip. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Do dealerships serve a purpose? /rant and call parts suppliers for shipping /protip.

I havent yet found a use for our local MV dealership yet. Im convinced that, other than the 3 bikes on their floor, they dont possses a single part of a MV Agusta motorcycle. Ive called them (in some vain, hippy attempt to support local business) on the most basic of basic service items (o-rings, those fuel QDs, filters, etc) and its always gone this way.
1. Call, get transferred at least twice.
2. Get the voicemail, leave a very detailed voicemail with part #s, name and a number with a request for a call back.
3. After not getting called call again, finally get the parts dude. Get told they dont have it and they would take 3 weeks to order and be twice as much as any on-line parts supplier.
4. Go on-line and have the part shipped to my door for half as much within a week.

There is a reason these people are dying and its not because we arent paying taxes on internet purchases. This example is Blue Moon or Blue Mountain or whatever, Ive never had the chance to spend a dime there. They lose out because there are independents in the city who actually answer their phones. Because there are places like GP, Motovation or ProItalia that will answer their phones, answer your questions and overnight a part out for the same or less than the dealer quoted for something coming by steam ship. Who the hell would even take their bike there? It would take a month to get even the most mundane thing fixed according to their parts guys, "gotta come from Italy, at least 3 weeks."

I can handle paying more for better service but when you give worse service for more money I wont even be able to cry crocodile tears upon hearing of your doors closing.

/rant.

Protip: when ordering parts online, especially when overnighting, call instead of using the e-tailers. I called ProItalia to get the wear items for my fuel system overnighted because I have no plans on missing out on a long weekend and the human being on the other end was able to realize it was just a bunch of scraps of rubber and a metal thing that she could throw in a bubble mailer, saving me $25 in shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Sorry to hear, but have heard before. I have not had opportunity to visit them....the BMW boys seem to like them.

Give Ian a call at European Motorsports/Rider's Hill in Dahlonega. 706-864-7777

http://www.europeanmotorsportsinc.com/

They are stocking MV service items and are very easy to work with. They have oil filters, valve cover gaskets, various seals, o-rings, clips, etc....and will mail parts to you for USPS flat rate prices.

Open on Sundays but not Monday-Tuesday.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Thanks for the heads up. Its such a shame they are soo far out there, it limits me to only interacting on the weekend and even then I have to commit to a trip up there.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Ah....but it is a nice trip!!! and that's where the ride begins!!!!...open until 6 pm on weekends, too.

Further for me....I'm 20 miles south of the airport!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Big Randaddy

Remember Ed, Ryan has a distinct fear directly proportionate to the distance outside I-285....Blue Moon is just outside 285, whereas Riders Hill is 60 mile outside......

seriously, I've actually bought 3 bikes from Blue Moon ( no MVs). I give them a passing grade......nothing representing outstanding, but not bad.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM

I've gotten fork o-rings, little rubber pieces and a course belly pan from the dealer in Chicago that is the only one close to me. Belly pan took forever but little parts were quick. Other parts I go to the people you mentioned. Hell I have gotten screws and o-rings I have needed from Lowes or NAPA. They never really move as fast as I'd like and to be honest, when I had issues with them getting stuff I needed, I'd wait a couple weeks then call MV in Italy myself and have an answer in 15 minutes. I sent a part back to Evolutionbike and it got there in 6 dyas so 3 weeks is bullshit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode