shipping from EU to the USA - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

shipping from EU to the USA

have any of you in the USA had problems with getting stuff from the european venders on this site due to customs?i ask bc i ordered from a EU vender here and UPS put the package through customs where its now held indefinitely and there is nothing you can do as of right now.what has been your experience and what can be done if you fixed it?thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 04:08 AM

New Site Garage
What do you mean it's been held indefinitely, is that what they told you, in writing? What was it you ordered? And who did you order from ? Some more info and you might get some more help, if you know what I mean. Over here some parts are held till you pay import or Customs fee's, like for leathers or some X-haust parts, once you pay you get the parts, how can they just hold it for no reason man.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

apparently the shipper of the parts in the eu has to put a tracer on the ups package as usa customs needs more paperwork done by the shipper so for now its somewhere in germany.

basically i can't as the recipient even pay any of the customs fees as the only person that can now find the package and do any of the paperwork is the shipper not the recipient.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 AM

New Site Garage
So who is sending you the parts, he obviously did something wrong. How can Us customs hold it if it's still in Germany ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

roadbiking;
no problems ever......i ship for my business and people on 3 forums
i have 2 shipping clipboards, national and world wide

have the shipper give you the German Custom's ID number, its on the package and scanned everywhere it goes, then go to USPS tracking and put the number in if its here its in Jamaica Bay, New York sitting in plain sight.......ask me how i know, i had an out bound there for 29 days ...... you don't need a 'tracking' number, all international packages are tracked by the Custom's numbers

UPS/Fed Ex/ DHL SUCK hind tit.....
1st they are $100 a fucking pound

the other side of the coin is if you ship stuff internationally with UPS/Fed Ex/ DHL.....in foreign countries......if you are willing to pay $100/lb......they will fuck the recipient on duty

and they are slower than the Post Office by ~3 times

my slowest package from Europe was an MV jacket from Italy around Xmas.......7 days

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM

I have only had to pay excise on 1 order from Italy because it was over $500. There is stricter rules on clothing than electronics, it was held by FedEx until I called them back to tell them what the shirt was made of and where it was made. I guessed. They sent it on to me and billed me the $21 or whatever it was. I have gotten items from the UK on maybe 3 occasions, never a delay or issue. Not sure what to tell you.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 PM

no issues to Canada through UPS. I just got a package from StarTwin, 3 days from the time he shipped it until I had it im my hands. I only had to pay $21.00 in taxes.

Toronto, Canada
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink Duty?

I repeat.....

you use UPS/FedEx/DHL ect

you will more than likely pay duty........they figure if you are willing to pay $100 per pound you have some extra money they want

I've been shipping/receiving stuff since '75 never paid a dime except when I was a returning serviceman from Germany

i had my orders too....had to pay anyway

Mitch sent me 10 hubs in one box......didn't pay a dime......used the Post Office

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode