Old Road Head On - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Old Road Head On

Just a note to guys riding up and down the Old Road , i was following a guy yesterday going south up the hill to PITS and i let him get ahead as he was quick in the straights but having trouble staying on his side of the road in the corners.Anyway i was behind him a coming out of a left and watched him have a head on with another bike going into the right,as he was over his lane pushing way to hard...not sure if it was a fatal but it didnt look good for both riders ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcho73 View Post
Just a note to guys riding up and down the Old Road , i was following a guy yesterday going south up the hill to PITS and i let him get ahead as he was quick in the straights but having trouble staying on his side of the road in the corners.Anyway i was behind him a coming out of a left and watched him have a head on with another bike going into the right,as he was over his lane pushing way to hard...not sure if it was a fatal but it didnt look good for both riders ...
This is very sad:

1. A rider has caused an accident due to 'unsafe' (and stupidly dangerous) riding practice
2. The unsafe rider hurt another rider in the process

3. This accident will affect at least two families

4. With another accident on the Old Road, the police will most likely continue to patrol this 'black spot area'...

...I sincerely hope that everyone involved is OK...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by getec; 05-19-2012 at 05:39 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to afeylad
Damn, I was on the old road yesterday! I hope there were no fatalities.. What was the guy riding hitcho73?
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 12:25 AM

i was in the group behind theseguys,hayabusha heading up,with a chick pillion on board,headin down was the trumpy 675r,young guy yep goin too hard,too wide,t boned the bussa,that hard it was sickening im still shakey,both riders were fucked,chick pillion,walking around somehow,riders heli vacced.i have pictures,post soon.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 03:19 AM

The poor guy took out two bikes Boof, the other being a Ducati, both rider and bike ended up over the side out of view. The guy on the white Busa is fairly well known around the traps. No fatalities I was told but all ended up in the North Shore Hilton, one being air lifted.
Another acco there today too, same place. Some guy lost it in ther shit on the road i heard. My mate passed by as the ambo was looking after the guy.
Now I hear that there was also a head on up the putty.
Getting a bit out of control i say......... too many egos on go-fast machines, best to give those roads a wide berth for a while.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 03:19 AM

I miss the old road and pie in the sky having a shit coffee served with contempt but being able to perv on all the bikes....about 5 months ago a young 21yo on a blue f4 lost the front and slid across the road right in front of me I just missed him he was then stuck in between the guard rail and under his bike so a mate and i had to drag the bike out and then pick it off him he said he had had it for 2 weeks and that it was his first day out on it..his previous bike was a ninja 250!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
i was in the group behind theseguys,hayabusha heading up,with a chick pillion on board,headin down was the trumpy 675r,young guy yep goin too hard,too wide,t boned the bussa,that hard it was sickening im still shakey,both riders were fucked,chick pillion,walking around somehow,riders heli vacced.i have pictures,post soon.
Hey Boof were you coming down or up the hill? I missed seeing you? Anyway I heard someone lost there leg I'n the crash at the scene?? Mate my guts is still churning.
I've seen guys come off on the Track and come off on the Track too but when you see it on the road makes me feel sick
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcho73 View Post
Hey Boof were you coming down or up the hill? I missed seeing you? Anyway I heard someone lost there leg I'n the crash at the scene?? Mate my guts is still churning.
I've seen guys come off on the Track and come off on the Track too but when you see it on the road makes me feel sick
You don't hit anyone head on at the track....

Seems many cities have their designated "racetrack" in the mountains....the Old Road is obviously Sydney's...

Can't you boys book Eastern Creek and let it rip there instead...then just go for a cruze in the opposite direction to the Old Road ???

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
You don't hit anyone head on at the track....

Seems many cities have their designated "racetrack" in the mountains....the Old Road is obviously Sydney's...

Can't you boys book Eastern Creek and let it rip there instead...then just go for a cruze in the opposite direction to the Old Road ???
Haha yeh at Phillip island I went the wrong way outta the pits... Haha
A lot of guys can't afford track days I guess and seeing we only have one track getting a spot is hard
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 04:22 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Hitcho not good news but 1question why didn't you stop and help?

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode