Message to MV Agusta: Customize bike orders - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Message to MV Agusta: Customize bike orders

So I was thinking. If you ordered a car, you can choose the exterior and interior colors and wheels you want.

I'd like to propose to MV Agusta that they should create a palette of top colors and lower fairing colors and allow customers to choose the combination of colors they want for their bikes. What this would do is create a "custom" order market which would give MV Agusta a good idea of exactly how many bikes to produce.

They can also take this one step farther by offering different wheels and wheel finishes and even offer another option for special parts. Let's say I want to order a custom design F4S, I'm more likely to spend more money to order special parts since I'm making my custom order as opposed to just walking into a show room and driving out with a bike.

So, in summary, the advantages of custom orders are:
1) Better indicator of parts need for inventory;
2) Dealers can offer a wider array of MV styles (ie: dealer orders)
3) Customer has more choices
4) MV can market they offer customer a unique purchase experience unlike most other motorcycles.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
not sure how practical this is
but, i sure DO love the thought of it

very interesting

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

I think it can be pretty practical. Dealers would submit orders a month or two before production and hopefully the bike would arrive the following month. Obviously, the shorter the time from order to arrival the better. But there's a little bit of sadistic excitement ordering a bike and waiting for it to arrive. It does add to the ownership experience as a oppose to just walking in and driving out of the showroom.

It would aslo add a sense of exclusiveness which I suspect MV would like to do and for the customer, it gives them a more unique bike.

But it would also put more responsibilities on dealers to decide what "color" to order as part of inventory. It could probably cause more cross dealer shopping or more dealer cooperation too.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:23 PM

I would have orderd an R if I could have had it with a RED frame.

Jack
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 PM
The Dude

Don't most dealers accomodate this? I guess the one big thing is supply....I tried to get Marchesini's for my Brutale when I bought it, but they were on order to Italy. They never showed up.... I gave up and put the money toward the F4 instead.

I would guess a dealer could order some parts with the bike and bring it together on their end instead of waiting for the manufacturer to sort it out.

I could be wrong...I really know very little about the process.....

Quote:
But there's a little bit of sadistic excitement ordering a bike and waiting for it to arrive.
hmmmm.... not sure if everybody would agree with that!

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

The way I picture it would work is that I'd go to a dealer and decide I don't really like their current inventory of red/silver and red/blacks. I'd go to the spec sheet and pick the following options:
Quote:
I. Standard Options:
A) Configuration: Monoposto
B) Top level (upper faring, gas tank, small panel, and seat cowl): Orange
C) Lower Level (mid fairing and belly pan): BlacK
D) Wheel: Star wheels Black

II. Special Parts Options:
A) Carbon fiber foot guards
B) Carbon fiber rear hugger
C) RG3 Full Titantium Exhaust
I'd then give the dealer a deposit and they would send the order to MV Agusta. A few weeks later my bike arrives and I have one of the few F4S Pumkins around. wohOO!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:01 PM

hahahaha. you seem to forget the corse pipes that were "supposed" to come with the 910R that took forever. you can put an order in and wait an eternity, or just get a basic bike and pay additional for the custom parts. but you can do that already. at least then you wouldn't have to wait forever to be able to ride. remember, they aren't that big. and even though MV owners pay more, no other bike mauf. has this as an option as far as i know. i think MV has it hard enough as it is just meeting demand of their current spec bikes. i think some R's had to be shipped with the star brembos because the lightweights weren't ready yet.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio
I would have orderd an R if I could have had it with a RED frame.
YOU AND ME BOTH! Still love the Gladio though
It would be easy for the factory to custom build, like a red framed R or Matte Black 910, as I would think the parts are already on the shelf, its not like they paint the tanks on the bike. I dont know if you could get radial brakes on a non R or TSS on a regular 1k, but I think it would be easy as far as color/seats go.

Hey Jack, how come we never got our T stickers, but these R-istas get their exhaust?

Yes,I have copyrighted the word "R-istas" and all those who wish to use it must pay royalities
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:09 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsduce
YOU AND ME BOTH! Still love the Gladio though
It would be easy for the factory to custom build, like a red framed R or Matte Black 910, as I would think the parts are already on the shelf, its not like they paint the tanks on the bike. I dont know if you could get radial brakes on a non R or TSS on a regular 1k, but I think it would be easy as far as color/seats go.

Hey Jack, how come we never got our T stickers, but these R-istas get their exhaust?

Yes,I have copyrighted the word "R-istas" and all those who wish to use it must pay royalities
Hey, that's right. Those fucking whiners... where's my fook'n exhaust....

I want my fook'n T sticker!!!

Jack
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_one
remember, they aren't that big. and even though MV owners pay more, no other bike mauf. has this as an option as far as i know. i think MV has it hard enough as it is just meeting demand of their current spec bikes.
That's the other part of it. MV would not be adding custom orders to their current build process. They would build bikes based on custom orders. So, the dealers use some of it's allocations for show room inventory and some of it's allocation for the rarer orders by customers. It's pretty much how car dealerships operate. The plus for MV Agusta is that it tells them exactly how many bipostos, mono, reds, silvers, black, or whatever to build and want parts they need to order.

The other plus is that I don't think any other bike manufacturer does that and it's adds to the "upscaleness" MV Agusta is looking for. Now, like a Porsche or Ferrari, MV Agusta offers you the ability to create an even more unique motorcycle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode