Is it too much bike? - Page 19 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:48 PM

Too much bike, no doubt in my mind

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Established Member

Is this thread a joke??

Buy whatever you want, mainly the bike that gives u a raging hard on.
Don't crash.
Any bike is dangerous.
Personally, I wouldn't buy an f4 for a first bike as your most likely to drop it accidentally at some stage (everyone does) get a bike that can fall over and it won't be as much an issue. Any Japanese bike will do really. After about 3 months, then get your f4.

+80
post #183 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 11:21 PM

If you have the money, get the bike! Life is short, don't waiste it. I got the 910 Brutale as my first bike being a 43 year old 5.5 female after a moped. Scared at first, since the bike is super strong and fast, but it now I can't find any other bike that I would like to ride on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVOne View Post
Hi everyone. For those who dont already know Ive been thinking about getting an F4. Though theres something I didnt mention specifically to avoid what I think you're all going to tell me as many people have. Only experience I have is on mopeds.

So is a litre bike like an F4 too much for a first bike? I do see why pretty much everyone says I will kill myself. I get it, it goes from 0 to very fast in mere seconds and all it takes is someting like a wrong twist of the throttle.

But, and I know others have probably said this before, but can't I just be careful, ride maturely and safely and still get this bike. I would be inclined to do so if only because of the price of an F4 let alone my safety. Where do you all stand on this? Do you think there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I should get one?
post #184 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaplin4 View Post
I have the 1078rr and just got done using all it's potential all over the roads of southerm IN. I ride it harder every time I go out. Awesome bike in every way. If this was my first bike, I would fear for my life and don't know how you are still in one piece unless you have never been faster than 45 on it. These bikes are not beginner bikes and have super touchy throttle response, very aggressive fueling and if you find yourself in a tight spot or over cook a turn, will not have the experience to know what to do to pull it out. You are begging to experience a very expensive and very hard lesson. It is not as simple as just "controlling yourself", you are controlling a bike with more attitude and an "I will kick your ass and spit you out for looking at me wrong" personality than any other.
Hi Jason

Unless you have already done this, by the sound of it the fueling and throttle response could be improved a great deal with the fitting of a PCV and some custom mapping on the dyno.

post #185 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Imm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaplin4 View Post
I have the 1078rr and just got done using all it's potential all over the roads of southerm IN. I ride it harder every time I go out. Awesome bike in every way. If this was my first bike, I would fear for my life and don't know how you are still in one piece unless you have never been faster than 45 on it. These bikes are not beginner bikes and have super touchy throttle response, very aggressive fueling and if you find yourself in a tight spot or over cook a turn, will not have the experience to know what to do to pull it out. You are begging to experience a very expensive and very hard lesson. It is not as simple as just "controlling yourself", you are controlling a bike with more attitude and an "I will kick your ass and spit you out for looking at me wrong" personality than any other.

You are very lucky. I live in Norway and highest speed limit is 100 km/h.
Sol can not even use second gear on high rpm before breaking speed limit.

I have just over 2200 km behind me now. Mountain roads, higheay, city driving.... All kind. And I have not had any problems controling my 1078 yet. (not yet)
The power is awsome for s beginner. So l take things step by step. Not been over 135 km/h, and not over 7-8000 rpm either.

So far, l dont find any reason not to buy a powerful bike for a beginner. If the driver use common sense and dont use more power than he can control.

F4 may be much more difficult than my Brutale. I love my bike, and find it to be easy to ride. As long as l dont overestomate myself. If l do: l know its over.
post #186 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM

Figure you have seen my many posts on the subject, I have done all there is to do in excess of another $20k invested, so yeah, I have PCV, Race ecu, race exhaust, and 3 more pages of carbon, titanium and magnesium add ons.

I'll stand by my statement that the stock on/off snatchy throttle is too agressive for any new rider. It has as much torque as a busa, weighs tons less and is all available immediately as opposed to super high rev jap bikes with their high up power band. Your margin for error is too small and knowledge too limited in what to do to to bail yourself out.

@ Imm, we have speed limits to but I view them as suggestions. I'm at them occasionally, until I hit 2nd. There are some crazy good riders in my area and I am finally starting to find them and who knows the best roads, So I am finding that I can keep up with any superbike so far. Good luck sorting it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecritten View Post
Hi Jason

Unless you have already done this, by the sound of it the fueling and throttle response could be improved a great deal with the fitting of a PCV and some custom mapping on the dyno.

post #187 of 190 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thruan View Post
Personal opinion.

Do not get one!!

It's not just the power. Bikes like these are very unforgiving they are a RACE bike. You make a small mistake on an f4, your hitting the deck, you make a small mistake on a more forgiving, ROAD bike you have a chance of saving it.

You will learn much much much more riding a smaller more sedate bike then an f4. You will forever be worried about breaking it, and you won't develop as a rider.

Ride something more suited to a learning rider for a year or 2. Then get an f4.

That's not the answer you were looking for. But you already know you aren't ready for it otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question.

I do agree. My grirlfriend is at this moment practising with an old Bandit 600. Saturday, she drove the daytona for 10 minutes. Her first reaction : "What a bitch and so fast on the throttle ..."

I do believe getting some experience before driving an F4 is a good thing. My personal opinion.

Stay low, move fast ...
post #188 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazman View Post
All bullshit most of the above, buy what you want take care easy on the throttle and enjoy! MV's are one of my biggest enjoments in life - could be yours also and who has the knowledge or the right to tell you not to buy one?
Your decision and yours only a Suzuki 650 will kill you as easily as a litre bike if you are not careful ! Mvidia is sounding pretty sensible!
That's easy to say when you learned on a 150 and a 350.

Starting off on a liter bike is near insanity, and it's usually based on unchecked ego. A new rider won't ride, or shouldn't ride, at 130+ mph. The torque is wholly unnecessary and likely to cause problems.

The question is why would one choose a dangerous option among options in an inherently dangerous sport? Ego. Ego. Ego.

But, 3000 miles on an SV650 and then he can hop on a liter bike and do whatever he wants. Before then, you're assisting suicide.

No -- no one can tell him what to do, but there is such a thing as sage advice. (don't run with scissors, avoid swordplay with pirates). And, buy one if you want one, IMHO, is not sage advice.

Finally, I hate the argument that you can die on anything -- there is such a thing as statistics, and riders who start out on SV650's, I'd bet $5MM, will have substantially fewer accidents -- as a general rule. An idiot will die on a moped, or crossing the street -- irrelevant.

Last edited by The_Red_Scalpel; 10-16-2012 at 11:58 PM.
post #189 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
and so it begins again

but at least someone is paying attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3nje909 View Post
Is this thread a joke??

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #190 of 190 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:50 PM

I am awesome

I am awesome
I can really push my bike to its limits
You should see how I ride
I ride with some really fast guys and I can keep up with them
120 mph, no problem, do it on a regular basis
There are so many stupid riders that get in my way
That guy thought he knew what he was doing, until he came across me

All attributable quotes when I was a teenager with zero track experience. Fortunately, some of the veteran riders educated me and got me on the track. The street is not the place to test you or your bike's limits. Unfortunately, it does provide riders with a venue to show how bid a douche bag they can be (see youtube videos of North-East riders doing stunts on the highway).

To answer your question: take a riding class (track) and do what you want, unless it jeopardizes others.

Last edited by LiquidWhy; 10-18-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode