Proposed EU regulations on Bike Type Approval - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Proposed EU regulations on Bike Type Approval

Calling all European bikers out there. If we don't start thumping the table and making a noise now we are about to get well and truly screwed by the EU Parliament with new draconian regulations. There is a proposal to severely restrict what you will and will not be able to do to your bike. This is what Bike Mag have to say on the subject:

"If you’ve ever fitted a different pipe, changed your gearing or remapped the fuelling, you need to act. Now. The European Commission wants unprecedented controls over how new bikes are designed and built, and what parts you can buy and fit afterwards. Accessories would have to undergo an expensive Type Approval process and many modifications would become illegal."

Here's the link which includes a standard letter to send to your MEP (There is also a link to find out who your UK MEPs are).
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/Bike/Save-biking/

It will only take 5 minutes so please send your protest now and have your say for the sake of the future of motorcycling in Europe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzan View Post
Calling all European bikers out there. If we don't start thumping the table and making a noise now we are about to get well and truly screwed by the EU Parliament with new draconian regulations. There is a proposal to severely restrict what you will and will not be able to do to your bike. This is what Bike Mag have to say on the subject:

"If you’ve ever fitted a different pipe, changed your gearing or remapped the fuelling, you need to act. Now. The European Commission wants unprecedented controls over how new bikes are designed and built, and what parts you can buy and fit afterwards. Accessories would have to undergo an expensive Type Approval process and many modifications would become illegal."

Here's the link which includes a standard letter to send to your MEP (There is also a link to find out who your UK MEPs are).
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/Bike/Save-biking/

It will only take 5 minutes so please send your protest now and have your say for the sake of the future of motorcycling in Europe.
Great post.

Yes we all better believe it..and as Mr Bob Marley said , it is indeed time to " Get up , stand up. Stand up for your rights" or lose them.

If you ride in France now you have to haul around a first aid kit, a spare bulb kit, A warning Triangle, A High Vis jacket and now the latest is a Breathalyser self testing kit "

The difference between most of the Continent and us Brits is that the rules are made in Brussels and only properly enforced here in UK.

Too much control and what we can and can't do to our bikes is heading our way'..

Joe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 AM

I spent a great deal of time writing very carefully what I see and what I know is true. I decided to delete it all. I will only leave you with this.
For those that have eyes to see, ears to hear and have a brain that has not turned to mush. This issue and all the others like it is not about anything else but the total control over every aspect of your life. The hob nailed boot of government is in your face.
Do you know how a fungus grows? What you see on the surface is but the tips, the tendrils reaching out, what lies below out of sight is the body of it. What you are seeing with this motorcycle issue is only a means to an end, a tendril.
What happens to those that make and or sell those forbidden parts and services? They are out of business and out of work, at the mercy of the very same government that put them out of business.
Open your eyes and look beyond your narrow self interest horizons, the tendrils are everywhere!

If Adam and Eve were Chinese, we would still be in paradise
because they would have ignored the apple and eaten the snake!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 AM

There Is A Global Agenda. People Need To Know This! Human race get off you fucking knees.
The lion sleeps no more.

Someone once asked me if I was "out of my mind". To which I replied "of course I am, as its dark & scary in their".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode