FBF vs. Ergal rearsets - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

FBF vs. Ergal rearsets

I bought these Ergal rearsets from EvolutionBike (http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...edsilf4b4.html) and after riding with them for a few days I'm not sure I like them. So I started looking around at what other companies make rearsets and I came across these FBF pieces which look strikingly familiar...

Ergal

FBF

Some subtle differences but the overall shapes are near carbon copies of each other except the Ergals come with heel guards. Either FBF or Ergal should feel very flattered by this

Anyways the reason I post this is I'm curious how people like their FBF/Ergal rearsets for street riding the Brutale. After some limited riding I found that even in the lowest position they feel too high and too far back for the street. While at the same time making hanging off/sticking the knee out feel a bit awkward. On the plus side, the pegs sure are grippy though...

So lets hear some opinions - should I keep these and try to get used to them or is it a hopeless cause? Opinions on other brands would be very welcome too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 05:17 PM

I've got the EvolutionBike ALUMINUM one's exactly like yours on my F4.
I think they are exactly what I was hoping for when I ordered them, Good range of adjustment, and loads of peg grip. Plus the Price Not too Crazy, like some of the others out there.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 PM

Thumbs up

I don't street ride a Brutale, but I've got some FBF Rearsets like you've got pictured

I worked out in no time, that the standard footpegs were rubbish on the track, no grip

I've also seen all sorts of expensive rearsets get ripped clean off in crashes at the track

So the FBF Rearsets were perfect for form and price.

Plenty of adjustment range with relation to seat position/gear lever position and riding style. The original heel guards bolt straight up.

The Al/Alloy is not anodised, so some crazing of the surface has begun.

Sometimes I wish I got the FBF set with the gear lever rod, so only to reverse the pattern of gear change, but its my only regret, sometimes.

So all good. The only problem is that the surface finish can look a bit so so after a year or two. This can be overcome with a hard ceramic coating, or perhaps anodising (depending on metallurgy). But this of course, this adds to the cost.

All in all, I'm very happy with mine. But l bought mine for function before looks.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Al-

I have the fbf sets in black on my brutale. Position is great but forget about the passenger pegs if you are into that sort of thing. Your heals will hit the rear pegs and your passenger's feet. Other than that, no complaints. The black surface finish has worn on the edge but no signs of UV fading yet.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the input guys. I have a feeling these were designed with the F4 in mind - the high & up peg position kinda forces you into a lean to feel right. The problem is that's a very awkward position to be in on a B4. Maybe with some lower bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
I have the fbf sets in black on my brutale. Position is great but forget about the passenger pegs if you are into that sort of thing. Your heals will hit the rear pegs and your passenger's feet. Other than that, no complaints. The black surface finish has worn on the edge but no signs of UV fading yet.
How tall are you?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Al-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokesSV View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I have a feeling these were designed with the F4 in mind - the high & up peg position kinda forces you into a lean to feel right. The problem is that's a very awkward position to be in on a B4. Maybe with some lower bars

How tall are you?
only about 5'10
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 AM

The FBF ones are great value for money, and lots of grip and no flexing at all.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode