When's the next F4 due - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

When's the next F4 due

Im new to these forums so first of all I just want to say hi!

So Ive decided I really want an F4. Now while Ive got the money, spending this much on a bike isnt something I take lightly so, this might sound a bit picky on my part, but if I get one (right now its the RR Im looking at) I want it to be the latest/best for as long as possible or at least a reasonable amount of time (relative to its realease date) So while you probably can't know for sure, could anyone offer any educated guesses based on MV's past "product cycle" on when an update could be due.

If we could expect a newer model this christmas Id probably wait but if it wasn't til next year then Id got for the current model

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Latest and best are oxymorons at MV Agusta.

Welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

As you said , we can't know for sure but we can make an educated guess based on what we know of the company.

It is no secret that the F4 is seen by the executive management as evolving model as per the Porsche 911 - so they will continue to develop it, unlikely to completely overhaul it.

MV Agusta is also a very small company and it has its hands full at the moment with the F3 demand, getting out the new B3 & rumour has it a hypomotorrad style bike for the Milan show in November.

Given its resources in terms of man power etc, it would be very surprising to say the least to see the F4 get a revision before year's end.

But again, as you said "you can't know for sure" - the beauty of the F4 is you get a sense of timelessness about it, after all the original design is now some 13-14 years old yet not alot looks better than it on the road

Good luck with your decision making.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
... after all the original design is now some 13-14 years old yet not alot looks better than it on the road
Nothing looks better on the road than an early F4

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
Nothing looks better on the road than an early F4
There's still lots of stuff we can agree on Pete -

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVOne View Post
could anyone offer any educated guesses based on MV's past "product cycle" on when an update could be due.
An update, little more ponies, other color, other components, we saw almost every Year. A complete redesigned F4 is, based on the past, due in 2024.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 PM

New Site Garage
Smile Good one Ralf

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
An update, little more ponies, other color, other components, we saw almost every Year. A complete redesigned F4 is, based on the past, due in 2024.

Haha
But the F4R should be in Australia in a few month's, it's already out in a few other Country's I believe, and not to be mistaken/confused with the Y10-11 F4's.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

One other issue I want your opinion on guys: what do you think of stroing this bike outdoors. Due to my circumstances I really wouldnt have a way around this. It would be on secure premises completely fenced in but outdoors and in the UK. Do you think a decent cover and it'll be alright against the elements?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
One other issue I want your opinion on guys: what do you think of stroing this bike outdoors. Due to my circumstances I really wouldnt have a way around this. It would be on secure premises completely fenced in but outdoors and in the UK. Do you think a decent cover and it'll be alright against the elements?
I guess a good vented outdoor cover will do. Just make sure the bike is dry before You wrap it in. Plus if the sun is shining on it take the cover off to avoid sweating.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 AM

New Site Garage
Serious - in the UK

Quote:
This is how you do it.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode