Tyres for TeamDouble3 and Donsy - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Smile Tyres (Tires) for TeamDouble3 and Donsy

Hi Guys and Girls.

As the heading says, this one is about tires for Team Double 3 for the upcoming season, and about asking for help in buying tires.

I know not everybody cares for racing, nor does everybody care about me and my riding, so please hang with me and I'll try and makes this as painless as possible. I fully understand this, as much as I realise that there are other people out there struggilng as much as me to get money together.
If your interested in helping us, then please carry on reading, and if you are not, then I apologize sincerely for wasting your time. Please feel free to browse on to another part of the forum as you please.

For the rest of you guys.
We are about to get back onto the track and I have had a offer from a friend for the purchase of race tires at a price of about $120.00 less than our usual price, per set.
Due to reason's of obvious nature I can not put the price out in public, but I can tell you it is between $500 and $550 per set, we need to buy a minimum of 5 set's per rider to get the good price.

So far I have enough for 2 set's, so I need to come up with some more funds fairly quickly, hence the embarrassing groveling going on here, the more we can buy now the better.

If any of you guys or girls would like to put a few dollars towards the tire fund that would be much appreciated as usual, whether it is a $10 dollar donation or anything you can spare, it all helps.

You can help via PayPal or I can supply Bank details in a PM or email, or we can arrange that you can pay directly to the BikeShop as soon as we get their details if you so require.

Thank you very much for your time and help in advance.
Sincerely gratefull

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 04-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 04:43 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Come on guys,How many members on thIs forum,even $5.00 from half of the members on this forum would help Donsy so much to complete the racing season without stressing about money.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Get the tires spelled with an i not a y. They're stickier.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Get the tires spelled with an i not a y. They're stickier.
Thanks Carl, you did not have to do that, you legend. Btw, did you get your prob sorted ?
Getting some new version Pyrelly's for the new season.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Haven't even been down to the shop yet. To busy post whoring.

I'm sure I had the same feelings as a lot of other people here when I read your post. "Why should I send this guy money so he can go club racing?" Let him buy his own damn tires.

But it's not really about you, is it? Its the picture of your wife and kids. The idea that they support you as much as they do means something to me. So sending a few bucks to a family doing something together is worth it to me. Plus you could have chosen a Ducati or some Japanese bike. I like the fact that you are racing an MV.

Besides, you'll never know when I'll be in Australia and be in need of a beer.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 AM

Well I look at it like this..Donsy knows his bikes like the back of his hand. He spends alot of time advising members on the forum as to how to solve technical problems..and to be straight..He knows his onions and has put me on the right path on a number of occasions : )

He does this on his own time for the joy of helping other members and is in effect " giving forward"

I'll paypal a few bob over to you Donsy...So long as you watch the spelling as we all know the Tyre was invented in UK by Joseph Dunlop. We invented it so the rest of the world can stick with the correct spelling : )

It's on the Patent Pneumatic Tyre..not TIRE that's wot happens before we fall asleep !!!

joe
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Smile hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Haven't even been down to the shop yet. To busy post whoring.

I'm sure I had the same feelings as a lot of other people here when I read your post. "Why should I send this guy money so he can go club racing?" Let him buy his own damn tires.

But it's not really about you, is it? Its the picture of your wife and kids. The idea that they support you as much as they do means something to me. So sending a few bucks to a family doing something together is worth it to me. Plus you could have chosen a Ducati or some Japanese bike. I like the fact that you are racing an MV.

Besides, you'll never know when I'll be in Australia and be in need of a beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
Well I look at it like this..Donsy knows his bikes like the back of his hand. He spends alot of time advising members on the forum as to how to solve technical problems..and to be straight..He knows his onions and has put me on the right path on a number of occasions : )

He does this on his own time for the joy of helping other members and is in effect " giving forward"

I'll paypal a few bob over to you Donsy...So long as you watch the spelling as we all know the Tyre was invented in UK by Joseph Dunlop. We invented it so the rest of the world can stick with the correct spelling : )

It's on the Patent Pneumatic Tyre..not TIRE that's wot happens before we fall asleep !!!

joe
Band - Buiteband

That's how we used to spell it in Afrique De Sud.
I thought Tyre was good, but I will try Tire and get back to you guys, I can get Beer Carl, and I can cook mate...anytime.
How's the hole in the back going Joe, it's all that flying aound the world that's getting to you mate, hope it's all good now.

Jokes aside guys - the two of you pretty much summed it up as it is - Thanks You Bunch of Legends.

PS. Thanks also to the great guys who have sent PM's and eMail's, everything helps, even just a kind word.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 04-18-2012 at 07:03 AM.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM

joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Band - Buiteband

That's how we used to spell it in Afrique De Sud.
I thought Tyre was good, but I will try Tire and get back to you guys, I can get Beer Carl, and I can cook mate...anytime.
How's the hole in the back going Joe, it's all that flying aound the world that's getting to you mate, hope it's all good now.

Jokes aside guys - the two of you pretty much summed it up as it is - Thanks You Bunch of Legends.

PS. Thanks also to the great guys who have sent PM's and eMail's, everything helps, even just a kind word.
It's Ok Donsy thanks..Sciatic pain has gone..Absolutely brilliant result.

As for the back exploration..Well it's gonna be sore for a few days innit ! No pai no gain and all that..but it's worth it for sure and it was a no brainer to get this done.

I saw some guys in there with proper problems mine was sweet FA compared and it made me feel very lucky. In all I had about 10 seconds of real juicy pain when they pulled the drains out...but it's done now and I'm back home working away like a gooden. : )

I know you and Chuck had knee work and from what I saw down at he hospital that's not a bundle of fun either..

atb

joe

ps I'll drop the paypal tomoro Donsy
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks also to Ralf, Jono and the guy who's email is random numbers, MUCH appreciated guys.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Come on guys,How many members on thIs forum,even $5.00 from half of the members on this forum would help Donsy so much to complete the racing season without stressing about money.
More than agree.

I will get a few bucks out to you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode