Another venting thread - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Another venting thread

Went out to get a pack of smokes today. Decided to jump on a h.way for 2 min to air out. Sitting in right lane, minding my own business at 60mph in a 50 mph zone, behind a couple of cars. Guy in front of me slams on the breaks and tries to make a very late turn. At the same time, a guy on a truck pulls out onto highway and almost hits me, and proceeds to squeeze me. So I jump into left lane, punch it to get away from the ahole. Was in left late no more then 5 sec, drop the speed back to 60 and back into right lane. A state cop runs out onto highway and flags me down. happend not even 1/4 mile away from him in a clear view. "Why were you going so fast?" - "that guy almost took me out and then tried to squeeze me, and I didn't feel like being a road kill. I sped up for 5 sec to get away from him and back into right lane and normal speed"
Cop: "I didn't see anything" Me:"officer, I'm not denying the speeding, im just explainging what happend. There were witnesses. The truck just drove by" Cop: "Don't care, i caught you!!!" - 101 in 50 zone - $510 and who knows how many points.
Ignorant asshole. I even told him I don't speed, haven't had a ticket in over 15 years.
Comes back from the cruiser, gives me the ticket and starts yelling at me that dumb asses like me that kill people. Got me so wound up that i openly told him to "Go check my driving record you fucking asshole, and Fuck You"
Wow. some people are just born assholes.

Anyways, I'm done. Feeling a bit better I guess. Lets see what the judge says. I'm probably screwed.

Summary: 4 min ride, 1 pack of smokes, $510 dollar bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Established Member

Time to give up smoking. It's not worth dying for.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Colter View Post
Time to give up smoking. It's not worth dying for.
+1

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 07:01 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
He was outside his cruiser and you stopped? In Boston?

Why?
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I'm with you guys on quitting smoking. I have to. But this situation didn't help
Carl, this happened on Rt1 north in Danvers 2 man crew. Driver poped the lights on while 2nd ran right out into 2 lane. How they didnt see that truck, bits me. And to be honest with you, I'm not looking for trouble. I neither have the skill nor the will to outrun a statie or his radio. I also refuse to lie, so I admitted to speeding (wasn't sure how fast so I said "probable 85". What really pisses me of is some roid juiced dick is yelling at me for no reason when I was polite and honest and with a clean record. Shit happens, not to worried about these little things. I guess crashing in October '10, breaking left wrist, tearing left clavicle clean off, loosing a finger, having 3 surgeries, spending 1 1/2 rehabbing put things in perspective.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Exclamation World's Most Expensive Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
Summary: 4 min ride, 1 pack of smokes, $510 dollar bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Big Randaddy

I believe I'm investing in the best lawyer around in the defense of this kind of problem. A 100mph ticket will likely result in cancellation of your insurance, or at least a huge policy increase.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yes Randy, that's what I'm afraid off. That pack of smokes is gonna end up costing me a couple of grand. I'm hoping I can persuade the judge to at least lower it a bit given the circumstances.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
Yes Randy, that's what I'm afraid off. That pack of smokes is gonna end up costing me a couple of grand. I'm hoping I can persuade the judge to at least lower it a bit given the circumstances.

I don't go before the judge if I can help it. I have my attorney plea this out. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. This could really hurt. Get some professional advice.

The typical DUI (not the same, I know...) can cost over $10,000 in fines, license suspension, and numerous years of punitive insurance premiums. Plus 100mph can result in license suspension in Georgia.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Last edited by Randarosa; 04-15-2012 at 09:23 PM.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you for the advise. I WILL listen to the wise. Anything else you could recommend/suggest/advise?
Not sure why, but on the ticket it states Lidar (?) and Estimated. 1 mile over the twice the speed limit.
You are starting to scare me. Am I loosing my license?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode