Ya wouldn't Adam and Eve it : ) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Ya wouldn't Adam and Eve it : )

I met a guy today in a shop called Busters..in Coventry..I passed through a nice little village called Stoney Stanton on the way there.

Well the man serving me asked about my bikes and of course he got the full spiel payed out slowly of BMWs and Laverda Jota..and then the icing on the tale ..the F4s...
Oh he said , well I've got 48 bikes and one of them's an MV Agusta...OH I said which one..telling him I'd got a 312...Well he said mine is a 500cc triple raced by Agostini which is insured for £ 250,000....kind of peed on my parade as I din't even get the chance to tell him about my Honda 900 lol.

His colleague Adam was very interesting too and he told me he does alot of track work..instruction I believe ..and it turns he knows alot of people in the motrocycling world some very well. There's one fella he knows which some of us know who apparently likes ketchup a little more than average....ha ha

and this particular chap would paint Norman Wisdom's Car fairly regularly ; ) as he would routinely scratch it on the gate post going in and out ...

Hmmm now who could that be ?

joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 04-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Established Member

Mate, I got no fucking idea but what has caught my interest is the insurance and he has how many other bikes ridden by?

Some people just got to much money.

Thats not a bad thing, it keeps a lot of us(me) in work.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:02 AM

Hey Joe, pm me his phone number Awesome

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by quad-turbo; 04-10-2012 at 05:58 PM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Pics or it never happened? Wow very cool stuff

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

It's true Kieran... The guy wants to see my Jota so I'll work on him for a pic lol

His colleague Adam knows a guy on the forum quite well ; )
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

aha ..Yes it is a little village in Leicestershire UK
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 AM

2005 Manx Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
I met a guy today in a shop called Busters..in Coventry..I passed through a nice little village called Stoney Stanton on the way there.

Well the man serving me asked about my bikes and of course he got the full spiel payed out slowly of BMWs and Laverda Jota..and then the icing on the tale ..the F4s...
Oh he said , well I've got 48 bikes and one of them's an MV Agusta...OH I said which one..telling him I'd got a 312...Well he said mine is a 500cc triple raced by Agostini which is insured for £ 250,000....kind of peed on my parade as I din't even get the chance to tell him about my Honda 900 lol.

His colleague Adam was very interesting too and he told me he does alot of track work..instruction I believe ..and it turns he knows alot of people in the motrocycling world some very well. There's one fella he knows which some of us know who apparently likes ketchup a little more than average....ha ha

and this particular chap would paint Norman Wisdom's Car fairly regularly ; ) as he would routinely scratch it on the gate post going in and out ...

Hmmm now who could that be ?

joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenaugo View Post
I know someone who used to live in stoney stanton,,,,,,,,,,,, And he frequents this forum.

Mystery,, could it be him or is it colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet or Mrs Peacock?
Quote:
aha ..Yes it is a little village in Leicestershire UK
You were talking to a really nice bloke named Adam Randles then Joe.

His father Stu and I are great friends and have been since we were kids. It was Stu's 500 Kawasaki triple which I bought way back in the early 70's.

The world is a very small place indeed eh!! My mother still lives in Stoney Stanton and when I go back home I have a couple or three beers in the Blue Bell.

The little village school is where I used to go until I was 11 my family moved there back in 1964 when I was 8.

So you told Adam you knew of me I hope and I'll bet you got great service. Adam is a really nice lad and works as a race school tutor for the Ron Haslam race school at Silverstone, he is a very good rider.

His brother Parry raced the Manx Grand Prix a few years ago on a Triumph 675 and did very well on it indeed.

Pic is of Sir Norman Wisdom on Parry's bike, Parry Randles (Adam's bruv) is standing behind the bike, far right is Paul who sadly passed away about a month ago, bald guy is my closest and oldest pal Stu Randles, Tim Bates with Johnny Brown in the Alpine stars jacket at the front. All of these bloke have and still are my pals and I have known them 40+ years.

Norman who was a wonderful friend to my family died three years ago.

Last edited by adecritten; 11-27-2013 at 02:50 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Ade that is a lovely photo..Very special indeed... : )

Well my Fazer riding mate has always rated Busters as a friendly and knowledgeable outfit who know what they are doing and always give honest advice leaning more towards the customer than making a quick buck.

I first met Adam a couple of years ago and we had a good chat about the Antrim coastline as I was planning ( and did ) a trip up there on the old BMW. Definitely made an impression on me as a chilled out bloke.
So we popped in there over bank holiday as I needed gloves and some advice on why my helmet drops down too low when I ride the F4..and Adam gave me some great tips on buying a lid.
Then he asked me what sports bike I ride and I told him I'm into MVs..which was when he said I have a good friend on IOM who also is into MVs and I said oh you mean Ade...and he did.!.Lovely chat and a nice afternoon..I'll take the MV in there and my Jota over the next month or so..
The Raven and single malts and ketchup came into the conversation ; )

He said you like Ketchup a little more than the averaqe ha ha

Catch u later,

joe
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ade that is a lovely photo..Very special indeed... : )

Well my Fazer riding mate has always rated Busters as a friendly and knowledgeable outfit who know what they are doing and always give honest advice leaning more towards the customer than making a quick buck.

I first met Adam a couple of years ago and we had a good chat about the Antrim coastline as I was planning ( and did ) a trip up there on the old BMW. Definitely made an impression on me as a chilled out bloke.
So we popped in there over bank holiday as I needed gloves and some advice on why my helmet drops down too low when I ride the F4..and Adam gave me some great tips on buying a lid.
Then he asked me what sports bike I ride and I told him I'm into MVs..which was when he said I have a good friend on IOM who also is into MVs and I said oh you mean Ade...and he did.!.Lovely chat and a nice afternoon..I'll take the MV in there and my Jota over the next month or so..
The Raven and single malts and ketchup came into the conversation ; )

He said you like Ketchup a little more than the averaqe ha ha

Catch u later,

joe
Like you Joe I have been around for a long time, over the years I have made many wonderful friends from all over the world just as a result of being a motorcyclist,

you are coming for the TT aren't you Joe?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Ade,

It certainly is about time I got to the Island.

I'm in Rugby on Monday to have my slipped disc serviced and readjusted....Spares are a bit of a problem so the tech has to work with what I've got : )

Providing I'm in one piece I'll investigate getting over there this year... I do fancy the classic events too.

I've never been so any advice is more than welcome.. : )

atb

joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode