I'm returning to the Forum. - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
I'm returning to the Forum.

After what I can only describe as more support in the way of PM's and e-mails asking me to continue on here I have decided to go against my self imposed abstention.

Many forum members have advised me not to be chased away by some elitist member who (in their opinion) does more harm than good to the MV marque that we all love so much.
Just for interest::
The definition of a Forum is:

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
3. a public meeting place for open discussion
4. a court; tribunal
5. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in South Africa) a pressure group of leaders or representatives, esp Black leaders or representatives
6. (Historical Terms) (in ancient Italy) an open space, usually rectangular in shape, serving as a city's marketplace and centre of public business

There is no definition that says:

''A Chassis number should be required to post in some sections''
''Nothing about actually owning an MV either''

So, in a nutshell:
I will post in whatever section I decide to that I feel my input is valuable,
I will not be ostracised to the ''Other Marques section''
I AM and always will be a huge MV fan and ex owner, I really want MV to succeed in business and survive and oneday when an MV model ticks all my boxes again I will own what would be my 4th Brand New MV,
I will say when I think MV have screwed up as I don't have the ''rose tinted glasses of some members'' for who MV can do no wrong.

I hope that goes down ok with the vast majority of you because this is a truly good forum and if it doesn't go down too well with a certain member I'm sorry about that but I really don't give a f**k.

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikef4uk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Senior Member
 
PP1098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 332
Welcome back. Its like life isnt it. Some people you agree with some you dont and vice versa. Cant keep everyone happy. I am sure people appreciate yr advice. I did some time ago.

P.

Last edited by PP1098; 03-18-2012 at 04:45 AM.
PP1098 is offline  
post #3 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,932
You are a knowledgeable guy Mike and I'm glad to see you back and to be able to avail of your contributions to the forum.

joe
gotojoe is offline  
post #4 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Senior Member
 
adecritten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,025
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
After what I can only describe as more support in the way of PM's and e-mails asking me to continue on here I have decided to go against my self imposed abstention.

Many forum members have advised me not to be chased away by some elitist member who (in their opinion) does more harm than good to the MV marque that we all love so much.
Just for interest::
The definition of a Forum is:

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
3. a public meeting place for open discussion
4. a court; tribunal
5. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in South Africa) a pressure group of leaders or representatives, esp Black leaders or representatives
6. (Historical Terms) (in ancient Italy) an open space, usually rectangular in shape, serving as a city's marketplace and centre of public business

There is no definition that says:

''A Chassis number should be required to post in some sections''
''Nothing about actually owning an MV either''

So, in a nutshell:
I will post in whatever section I decide to that I feel my input is valuable,
I will not be ostracised to the ''Other Marques section''
I AM and always will be a huge MV fan and ex owner, I really want MV to succeed in business and survive and oneday when an MV model ticks all my boxes again I will own what would be my 4th Brand New MV,
I will say when I think MV have screwed up as I don't have the ''rose tinted glasses of some members'' for who MV can do no wrong.

I hope that goes down ok with the vast majority of you because this is a truly good forum and if it doesn't go down too well with a certain member I'm sorry about that but I really don't give a f**k.

Well said, I'm glad you have reconsidered your decision Mike.......................

I have no doubt that like me, a vast majority of forum members highly value your technical expertise which I know for a fact has been gained through owning many superbikes of different marques over the past decades.

adecritten is offline  
post #5 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Velocemoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
After what I can only describe as more support in the way of PM's and e-mails asking me to continue on here I have decided to go against my self imposed abstention.

Many forum members have advised me not to be chased away by some elitist member who (in their opinion) does more harm than good to the MV marque that we all love so much.
Just for interest::
The definition of a Forum is:

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
3. a public meeting place for open discussion
4. a court; tribunal
5. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in South Africa) a pressure group of leaders or representatives, esp Black leaders or representatives
6. (Historical Terms) (in ancient Italy) an open space, usually rectangular in shape, serving as a city's marketplace and centre of public business

There is no definition that says:

''A Chassis number should be required to post in some sections''
''Nothing about actually owning an MV either''

So, in a nutshell:
I will post in whatever section I decide to that I feel my input is valuable,
I will not be ostracised to the ''Other Marques section''
I AM and always will be a huge MV fan and ex owner, I really want MV to succeed in business and survive and oneday when an MV model ticks all my boxes again I will own what would be my 4th Brand New MV,
I will say when I think MV have screwed up as I don't have the ''rose tinted glasses of some members'' for who MV can do no wrong.

I hope that goes down ok with the vast majority of you because this is a truly good forum and if it doesn't go down too well with a certain member I'm sorry about that but I really don't give a f**k.
Welcome back Mike...
Might have to jump on your 'returning bandwagon'... I perhaps made an irrational decision to stop contributing Still the best forum...

The love of Italian Motorcycles should never be restricted by marque, ever....Cheers Pete
Attached Images
 

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Velocemoto is offline  
post #6 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 AM
MRT
Senior Member
 
MRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunny Queensland, Aus
Posts: 2,019
Good to see you back, Pete. Got any new vid's for us?
MRT is offline  
post #7 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Velocemoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRT View Post
Good to see you back, Pete. Got any new vid's for us?
Above screenshot is from new movie...we are filming track stuff 2-3 April

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Velocemoto is offline  
post #8 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Senior Member
 
eddypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: brisbane
Posts: 3,493
ok,Im in,so what did you say about that suzuki,that landed you in trouble ? lol
Its free speech here welcome back.
cheers eddy
eddypro is offline  
post #9 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 AM
MRT
Senior Member
 
MRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunny Queensland, Aus
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
ok,Im in,so what did you say about that suzuki,that landed you in trouble ? lol
Its free speech here welcome back.
cheers eddy
It was all the Panigale's fault
MRT is offline  
post #10 of 323 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
adamv1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: melbourne australia
Posts: 2,323
Good to see you back Mike.

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
adamv1000 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome