Brisbane Riders Beware - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Brisbane Riders Beware

And it goes on...makes one think seriously about moving to somewhere with less officialdom meddling in our life.

Example 1: As mentioned previously we are now subjected to exhaust gas analysers being shoved in the rear to check if the cat has been removed or modified.
Example 2: Move house, inform QT etc etc. Gradually accumulate tickets, enough to lose the licence. QT sends notice to old address, so you ride around without realising you shouldn't be. Get caught, now it's a major offence with a long stretch on public transport.
Example 3: Get done for a noisy exhaust, bike impounded for 48 hours under hooning laws. Pick up bike from impound and get done again 500m down the road. Bike now impounded for 28 days, deregistered, double points applied so instant loss of licence. Impound guys didn't mention that the bike should have been towed/trailered to place of repair. Bank account about to be seriously depleted as well.

Time to move to a country town, where common sense still applies when it comes to this sort of thing.
Apologies for the venting, none of these examples relate to me personally, but I am really stirred up when decent people are being seriously [email protected]#ked in the rear.
Flame away if you wish, do the crime, do the time etc etc, but we are not talking about drugs, murder and rape here. I can't remember the last time a cut off rear fender resulted in murder, or 55kmh through a 40kmh workzone after the workers have left (and forgotten to take the signs down) wreaked havoc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 11:45 PM

Angry

I'm hearing you Jon

I think you know why I find myself riding the local tracks more and more.

In getec's track/road thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcmv View Post
I have found that around $200 just for the trackday then travel, food, and logging is good value compared to $2000.00 fine, loose lic for 6 months and have your bike impounded because the cops say you were street racing.
Riding with mates at the track is a SAFE and fun way to enjoy motorcycling

My F4 breaks ALL the stupid bureaucratic laws. I feel at real risk when I'm heading out with some mates to ride the mountains. I ride with in my ability, and to the road conditions. This is mountain roads, not suberbia, please do not confuse my rant with blantant bad/selfish/dangerous riding by idiots that bring down the name of all bike riders.

The Cops couldn't care less about your protests Infact, it makes the booking worse, so you stand there and cop it on the chin........Its a victimless crime, but I always feel like the bloody victim.

Me thinks its all about the money, bloody 'ers
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 12:14 AM

In Brisbane it is nothing more than plain motorcyclist discrimination and victimization under the guise of protecting us and the community from ourselves (and in the process making revenue generation an art form)
Last month road block (Mt Glorious) just for bikes, checking everything, including width of rear mudguard!? In the short time I was in the 'line up', I did not see many bikes riding away without a fine for some infringement of sorts
And if you follow AMCN, the stats our protectors dish out on motorcyclist crash fatalities is flawed and at best plian lies
Its the police attitude to anyone who rides a bike that is totally unacceptable, their assertion that we are criminals and should be treated as such is a deep cultural belief that I cannot see ever changing, it breeds total contempt of the police service
I always laugh at the Queensland Police 'moto' you can view it on the badge on their sleeve as they treat you like crap and are writing out a disproportionate fine for the 'offence' To serve and protect... Oh Yeah
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
And it goes on...makes one think seriously about moving to somewhere with less officialdom meddling in our life.

Example 1: As mentioned previously we are now subjected to exhaust gas analysers being shoved in the rear to check if the cat has been removed or modified.
Example 2: Move house, inform QT etc etc. Gradually accumulate tickets, enough to lose the licence. QT sends notice to old address, so you ride around without realising you shouldn't be. Get caught, now it's a major offence with a long stretch on public transport.
Example 3: Get done for a noisy exhaust, bike impounded for 48 hours under hooning laws. Pick up bike from impound and get done again 500m down the road. Bike now impounded for 28 days, deregistered, double points applied so instant loss of licence. Impound guys didn't mention that the bike should have been towed/trailered to place of repair. Bank account about to be seriously depleted as well.

Time to move to a country town, where common sense still applies when it comes to this sort of thing.
Apologies for the venting, none of these examples relate to me personally, but I am really stirred up when decent people are being seriously [email protected]#ked in the rear.
Flame away if you wish, do the crime, do the time etc etc, but we are not talking about drugs, murder and rape here. I can't remember the last time a cut off rear fender resulted in murder, or 55kmh through a 40kmh workzone after the workers have left (and forgotten to take the signs down) wreaked havoc.
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01 View Post
In Brisbane it is nothing more than plain motorcyclist discrimination and victimization under the guise of protecting us and the community from ourselves (and in the process making revenue generation an art form)

Last month road block (Mt Glorious) just for bikes, checking everything, including width of rear mudguard!? In the short time I was in the 'line up', I did not see many bikes riding away without a fine for some infringement of sorts

And if you follow AMCN, the stats our protectors dish out on motorcyclist crash fatalities is flawed and at best plian lies

Its the police attitude to anyone who rides a bike that is totally unacceptable, their assertion that we are criminals and should be treated as such is a deep cultural belief that I cannot see ever changing, it breeds total contempt of the police service

I always laugh at the Queensland Police 'moto' you can view it on the badge on their sleeve as they treat you like crap and are writing out a disproportionate fine for the 'offence' To serve and protect... Oh Yeah

Geez, it sounds like you could have moved to Nazi Germany circa 1939 & still has more freedom than Queensland 2012 I understand the round rego label holders will get you booked there as well? So if I come across the border I need to change it even on a day trip!

We have some money grabbing wanker politicians that put the cops in the firing line down here as well but they are not as bad as that ....................................YET!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 AM

New Site Garage
Unhappy

Very Sad to hear boys, Rob has the right idea I think.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
^^^ this is what I am thinking more and more each day and its not just the issues in this thread.

Deano.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 AM

The disproportionate thing is that there are far more dangerous/unroadworthy cars out there than bikes.

If your bike is unsafe - generally you will harm yourself.

A car is a "weapon" - if it is dangerous/unroadworthy it would kill/mame far more people than a motorbike with a after-market exhaust!!

The other stupid thing is that people with "performance" cars and bikes (nee modified), from my experience, keep them in FAR better condition than the majority of people.

Whilst I'm having a rant, howcome it is, in this era of "safety" concerns by our "policy" writers, do our police force drive mildly modified vehicles and the motorbike police wear MINIMAL safety gear?

It's late and i'm a little cranky ha ha!!

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 AM

LOL - sounds like California
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
It is the same around the world...

You ride a motorcycle because you choose to. Because you ride a motorcycle, you are subject to other people's beliefs about motorcycles and motorcyclists. Those beliefs are tainted by "loud pipes" and hooligan riding. Laws are changed by the noisy minority.

You are a public target.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_b View Post
I'm hearing you Jon

I think you know why I find myself riding the local tracks more and more.

In getec's track/road thread;

Riding with mates at the track is a SAFE and fun way to enjoy motorcycling

My F4 breaks ALL the stupid bureaucratic laws. I feel at real risk when I'm heading out with some mates to ride the mountains. I ride with in my ability, and to the road conditions. This is mountain roads, not suberbia, please do not confuse my rant with blantant bad/selfish/dangerous riding by idiots that bring down the name of all bike riders.

The Cops couldn't care less about your protests Infact, it makes the booking worse, so you stand there and cop it on the chin........Its a victimless crime, but I always feel like the bloody victim.

Me thinks its all about the money, bloody 'ers

I ride with in my ability, and to the road conditions.
+1 Rob

I also was in the mountains on a state highway which would only see 100 or so cars and bikes a day.
Cop has assumed we were street racing because we were 20 metres apart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode