Rivale Concept by Luca Bar Design - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Rivale Concept by Luca Bar Design

Interesting idea.... anyone think there's legs here?

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...ca-bar-design/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM

Yeah but............why?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:03 PM

there could be something in this as mv stated in m.c.n uk that have another model for next year and said it was something they had never done before.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 AM

I understand that companies are in business to make money and to do that you need to sell more product. And a way to do that is appeal to a larger customer base - in this case its a new model.

But theyre watering down the brand and making them less rare and unique which is the whole reason I bought it in the first place.

The older I get the more of a purist I become.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Established Member

Barthautala,
I am no economics expert but what little I do know is that there isn't a business theory that says the only way to make money is to sell more product. There are a variety of ways to improve profitability strategically and over time versus simply improving scale (which is what you are implying). As a very simplified example; one could have an increasingly larger margin while selling the same number of units. So a larger customer base is not, the only or even in some cases, best alternative. In some cases, sure. As a purely accepted maxim of the business world or economists; no. That said, I do think opening the brand up in terms of additional product lines, is the right step for MV. If you look at what is happening in the motorcycle business from a pure consumer perspective; company's are innovating & differentiating and creating new segments, with new targeted consumers. Those consumers are buying different "kinds" of motorycles at the expense of MV altogether, not because they do not like MV, but because they have changing tastes in the type of bike they wish to own. If MV can give its customers the attributes (Ie. Uniqueness, quality workmanship, exotic) of an MV but in a bike that is perhaps not an F4 or a Brutalina, but do so in a different cycle segment, then by all means, they should. I hear your concern, but I do not think your particular brand perception and the evolution of MV are mutually exclusive of each other. If they do things properly, they can do the necessary things to survive; keep their doors open, keep their bikes exotic, build better quality bikes, improve their supply chain and still be that premium brand that you think of when you look at your F4.

Nice looking bike BTW!!

TripleTripleTriple,
In case it is not obvoius. I think its highly likely that MV is looking at diversifying their product lines.

Todd

2007 F41000R
2010 Ducati SF
2008 MV Brutale 910 S
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
2006 Triumph Speed Triple
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM

IMO i think the next model will be to compete with the DIAVEL or at least i would hope so...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Established Member

As long as MV keeps its brand mystique, i think diversification would be great. I, for one, would love to have my other needs satisfied by MV. How many MV owners have other toys in their garages by other brands? Dual sport, dirt bikes even quads and snowmobiles. How many folks living in the north would LOVE to ride MV in the winter? on the snow? Or ripping up some dirt/sand with their mates? I understand that it waters down the brand in a way, but with the right quality and style, it could bring the brand even higher. Also, while becoming more profitable, MV could revert to making F4 even better at higher costs, aka exotic.
P.S. Don't hate me, just a Friday morning opinion.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Forget It!

Buggers to all that. I just want them to address/fix:

1) Rear Hub
2) Over Heating
3) Electrical
4) Water Resistance
5) Parts
6) Customer Service
7) Accountability
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Established Member

Liquidwhy, sounds like u had 3 or four too many shiners last night. Diversifying will enable MV to fix those things precisely.

2007 F41000R
2010 Ducati SF
2008 MV Brutale 910 S
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
2006 Triumph Speed Triple
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode