MV VELTRO & VELTRO STRADA - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV VELTRO & VELTRO STRADA

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, so for those that haven't seen it this is the VELTRO STRADA. It was on display at the Alexandra Palace, London last week. The photo isn't the best - I only had my phone with me. The English press call it the STEALTH - you can see why.
The "ready to race" 190 bhp VELTRO PISTA version costs £45,000 and the Veltro Strada (Road Legal) 177 bhp, £36,000. It weighs in at 170 kg.
WOW !!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick GM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere, so for those that haven't seen it this is the VELTRO STRADA. It was on display at the Alexandra Palace, London last week. The photo isn't the best - I only had my phone with me. The English press call it the STEALTH - you can see why.
The "ready to race" 190 bhp VELTRO PISTA version costs £45,000 and the Veltro Strada (Road Legal) 177 bhp, £36,000. It weighs in at 170 kg.
WOW !!
I'm probably going to get hung and whipped for this comment....but I dont really like it there...doesn't look totally right?...almost too heavy looking ???
The other pictures we've seen of the race version it looked pretty cool.
Really dislike the screen...and the graphics: just a bit "kitch" for my tastes.

But having said that, I'll probably drool all over it when I get to see one
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Nice picture. I'd drool all over it if I saw it...and better yet...saw it run. Thanks for the pic!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

As nice as it looks - and it is striking - I still prefer my Red/Silver.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Wink

I agree with you Rick, I prefer the Red/Silver traditional MV colours, but twist my arm up my back, I'd slum it with a Veltro if I really had too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Thanks for the picture! it's always great to have new pix of the bikes we love.

Quote:
I'm probably going to get hung and whipped for this comment....but I dont really like it there...doesn't look totally right?...almost too heavy looking ???
I second that, the abundant flat black and grey on this bike make it look like a monolithic sand blasted black marble sculpture, not a bad thing but doesn't go with the fact that it is suppose to be light, fast and agile, IMO.

All the other live pix of the Veltro I have seen were next to a F16, but I have to say that the paint scheme design reminds me more of Japanese anime than a fighter jet.

The screen looks a bit better with the Strada version, On the Pista it looks like some kind of artificially implanted time trial helmet, so very top heavy...

http://www.mvagusta-sp.it/f41000veltroen.html

With that said, I am sure it looks better in person, I certainly wouldn't mind having either one of those puppies.

O D O N A T A

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 11:32 AM

You can't say much from that pic.

But for me the classic Red/Silver is unbeatable and only the SPR andthe Veltro come close to it, soooooooo.......... i like the Veltro
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the pics, always appreciated...except the SPR....MV just have to be red/silver....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 07:36 PM

I don't like the screen on the Veltro and must admit it does look too heavy in that photo but I like the other photos of it I've seen.

I used to be a red/silver was the best (only) colour combo guy until I saw the Tambo and recently I got to see a 750 Senna in the flesh for the first time...pics don't do it justice...I have to say that I think also rivals the red/silver.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM

funny how the veltro race has the same sculptured lip in the fairing that the headlight has. i think we used to wonder was it form over function, but maybe not. i also think that with more official photos, the background is always colored to bring out the subtle change in grays and blacks. the pic from london looks like a it needs a 50mm cannon hanging off the side.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode