Ride safe and take care...Old Road, NSW, Australia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Angry Ride safe and take care...Old Road, NSW, Australia

Found out the other day one reason why the police are blitzing the Old Road...

My mate's brother knew the double fatality and near fatality that occurred on the Old Road recently...

Three mates on 3 bikes are out riding and one of them takes a spill....The other two mates immediately stop and pick up the injured mate and proceed to the hospital (one mate is doubling the injured mate) and the other bike is following...(the spilled bike is left behind)...

On the way to the hospital, they go around a corner and a car is overtaking a slow truck on the wrong side of the road and wipes out the duo on the first bike and then slams into the second bike...

Results: the first bike with two riders onboard die almost instantly and the second bike rider remembers nothing at all and wakes up in hospital with brain damage, a broken collar bone, broken back, broken leg and arm and numerous cuts/abrasions..this only surviving second rider is now learning how to talk and walk again...the three riders were longtime great mates...

Driver is claiming defense of "the riders were speeding"....

Question: Why are the police blitzing bikers, when the car was overtaking on the wrong side of the road IN A CORNER ??????

How many cars on the Old Road have been pulled over and 'inspected' and given defect notices?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by getec; 02-10-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post

My mate's brother knew the double fatality and near fatality that occurred on the Old Road recently...

Three mates on 3 bikes are out riding and one of them takes a spill....The other two mates immediately stop and pick up the injured mate and proceed to the hospital (one mate is doubling the injured mate) and the other bike is following...(the spilled bike is left behind)...

On the way to the hospital, they go around a corner and a car is overtaking a slow truck on the wrong side of the road and wipes out the duo on the first bike and then slams into the second bike...

Results: the first bike with two riders onboard die almost instantly and the second bike rider remembers nothing at all and wakes up in hospital with brain damage, a broken collar bone, broken back, broken leg and arm and numerous cuts/abrasions..this only surviving second rider is now learning how to talk and walk again...the three riders were longtime great mates...

Question: Why are the police blitzing bikers, when the car was overtaking on the wrong side of the road IN A CORNER ??????

How many cars on the Old Road have been pulled over and 'inspected' and given defect notices?

sad to here,bikers are always perceived as speedsters,the cops will never understand,when we ride we have full concentration,speeding guns waste of time,they do not save lives,look around how many people are on there mobile phones,eating there lunch,punching in the gps,bending down picking up there drop smoke,doing there hair,shit the list goes on and on.bikers what do they do ,pay for there stupidity,they were speeding, what a load of crap.well thats my rant.sorry bud to here about this tragedy.
cheers eddy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Thumbs down Mitigating Guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post

This is diabolical on the facts as you've presented them & obviously I have not reason to doubt you.

As for the driver (I suspect on his lawyer's advice) is claiming speeding bikes as to establish contributory negligence. This is important for him as in NSW the penalties for Dangerous Driving Causing Death & Negligent Driving Causing Death (respectively) are as follows:

The maximum penalty for the offence of dangerous driving causing death is 10 years imprisonment. If the offence is aggravated the maximum penalty is 14 years goal. and,

The maximum penalty for the offence of negligent driving causing death is a fine of $3300.00 or imprisonment for 18 months or both (for a first offence) or a fine of $5500.00 or imprisonment for 2 years or both (for a second or subsequent offence).

You can now clearly understand see why they are looking to establish contributory negligence - trying to scale down the charge from Dangerous to Negligent.

Bottom-line is that's going to a tough bow to draw - you have a double fatality & a further near fatality for which the maximum penalty for the offence of dangerous driving causing grievous bodily harm is 7 years imprisonment. If the offence is aggravated, the maximum penalty is 11 years goal.

The argument that has to be overcome is that the accident would NOT have happened IF the car NOT been on the wrong side of the road. Could it have been avoided completely if the bikes were not 'speeding'? Providing that can be proven by accident investigations. That's what will be before the courts.

The driver will get some serious goal time no matter how they play it, it doesn't help any of the riders though.

Scary stuff - I've never ridden the Old Road so I have no idea of what is faced by cars or bikes but the police summarily jump on motorcyclists whenever there's a major crash and/or fatality involving bikes & cars. We had a judge overturn a ridiculous lower court decision against a motorcyclist here in the Gong recently that involved a fatality.

Occasionally you find some who has a clue but mostly prepared to have your brain tortured by the stupidity displayed by those that have never straddled a form of medium with less than 4 wheels.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 02-08-2012 at 03:08 AM.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 03:32 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Bloody hell,what a horror story,I am just lost for words,makes me sick thinking about it,god I hope they throw the book at the car driver.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 04:36 AM

Not good at all. The blitzing is still on the Old Road got pull over again last sunday by 2 cop car for a red reflector, intergrated blinkers, tyres, which have not reach the tyre indicator yet told me to change it , the rosso corsa tyres he thought was illegal tyre, & the standard 4 pipes at the back he wanted me change it to stock. WTF. But the other cop commented "what a beautiful bike, wow thats a nice looking bike."
This is what happen when you ride a MV a defect & a nice comment on the bike.

I feel the need, the need for corner speed!
Rollen Artwork.

--~~~~
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 AM

R.i.p.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 PM

Sad story R.I.P

Over here in the UK bikes get stopped and pulled over for a 'safety check' .
What a load of BS! . It does my head in! . Little scumbag chavs driving around in cars with bald tyres, no tax, insurance etc and they never get pulled over for a 'safety check' .

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
I forgot to say I hope the families of the deceased get the best possible Baristers so the driver gets what he deserves,it still makes me sick thinking about it.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM

I'm a rider
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
I forgot to say I hope the families of the deceased get the best possible Baristers so the driver gets what he deserves,it still makes me sick thinking about it.
Doesn't work that way Mitchy.

The Police prosecute it - nothing to do with the families.

In compensation pay out terms - the injured guy will be more costly then the two deceased.

The more you look at it the more appalling it becomes.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode