Importing to Canada - help!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Importing to Canada - help!!

Hello there fellow MV riders...

I recently joined the ranks of MV ownership with a 2009 Brutale 1078RR. I love this thing.

Landed a job in Toronto and I need to move from Seattle - but the importation website (RIV) from the Gov of Canada shows no MV's are allowed to be imported...

Is there anyone out there with ideas, or experience importing MV into Canada?

Thanks!

96 VFR, 96 Speed Triple, 98 ZX7R, 99 R6, 02 CBR1000RR, 05 749R, 05 Superduke, 06 TE610, 07 Griso, 07 950 SMR, 09 FS570, 10 Streetfighter, 09 Brutale 1078RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That may be out of date...MV now have dealers in Canada.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmassarelli View Post
Hi Taff,

Please send me your contact info at [email protected]acanada.com and I will explain the RIV situation and importing used MV Agusta's into Canada.

Regards,
Tim

Awesome!!! thanks Tim

96 VFR, 96 Speed Triple, 98 ZX7R, 99 R6, 02 CBR1000RR, 05 749R, 05 Superduke, 06 TE610, 07 Griso, 07 950 SMR, 09 FS570, 10 Streetfighter, 09 Brutale 1078RR
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
Hello there fellow MV riders...

I recently joined the ranks of MV ownership with a 2009 Brutale 1078RR. I love this thing.

Landed a job in Toronto and I need to move from Seattle - but the importation website (RIV) from the Gov of Canada shows no MV's are allowed to be imported...

Is there anyone out there with ideas, or experience importing MV into Canada?

Thanks!
Hi

I moved back from LA and was thinking of bring back an MV two years ago and found out I could not. In order for any vehicle to be eligible it has to be on the RIV list. The only way to bring your bike into Canada would be to ship it disassembled and import it as a custom bike. While MV are now available they are not on the RIV list which makes it difficult to import any MV.

Based upon my research the RIV list is updated when the mfg informs the Canadian Border Agency that their 201 models meet the Canadian regulations. Let's I am wrong regarding past MV models and Tim from Motovan can help you out. Please let me know how it works out.

Drop me a line when you are settled in Toronto would be nice to have another MV Owner in Toronto close to me.

Richard

Last edited by Dahulk; 02-01-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode