Guys...Guys.. Urgent help needed. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink Guys...Guys.. Urgent help needed.

Guys

I know this is going to be a long shot, but is there anyone on the forum thatís heard of a decent polish to remove paint surface swirls ?

Iíve searched, and searched until my fingers tips were bleeding on my keyboard, but with no success.

Has anyone got Warrens contact number, as Iíve heard a rumour that heís the man on all things shiny?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:01 AM

This stuff gets a very good write-up in teh car detailing world, just search e-bay or your local Halfords, price i less than a tenner.

"Meguiars Car Polish Scratch Swirl Remover"

Can be hnd applied or with a polishing buffer machine.

jimbo F4
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 AM

Meguiars products are all very good, always use them, first 'found' them when I was showing my SS100 (Jaguar)

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Wink

Have you heard anything about a product called GLARE ?

Can't seem to find any info on the internet

EMAIL :
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 04:53 AM

hahaha im sure someone mentioned it here earlier. cant find it either though.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:36 AM

Wink You need Glare Johnny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post

Guys

I know this is going to be a long shot, but is there anyone on the forum thatís heard of a decent polish to remove paint surface swirls ?

Iíve searched, and searched until my fingers tips were bleeding on my keyboard, but with no success.

Has anyone got Warrens contact number, as Iíve heard a rumour that heís the man on all things shiny?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here ya go mate...............

Carnauba wax is carnauba wax whether or not you pay 10 dollars for 8 oz's or 100 dollars its still the same carnauba wax. Polymer synthetic wax is a step up from Carnauba but still old technology when compared to the new products that are being produced. Lets put it this way, Carnauba wax was used to polish the horse and buggy (well not the horse but the buggy LOL!), and Carnauba wax is highly acidic, melts in direct sunlight cuz it has a very low melting point and when it does this it speeds up the oxidation process of the paint by superheating and frying the paint. Polymers (like Teflon) were introduced in the 60's. They are a step above Carnauba wax but still not as good as Glassplexin. Polymers don't filter out UV rays and they can crack fade and peel within 1 years time. Also Polymer wax has a low melting point, granted its not as low as carnauba wax, but its no where near GLARE's. GLARE is good up to 650 degs F so you can polish your exhaust pipes and it wont burn off. Try that with carnauba wax or synthetic wax and see what happens. I'll give you a clue, it doesn't look or smell good at all. LOL! GLARE with Glassplexin is the only product out there that actually bonds to the clearcoat or paint via, what's called in chemistry, a covalent bond. Waxes and polymers do not bond to paint molecularly. They only lay on top of the paint and do not last.
Glassplexin is a negatively charged silicate ionic compound that has chemical reactivity with the clearcoat or paint. When applied there is an exchange of electrons that occurs between the negative charged Glassplexin and the paint or clear coat bonding the two into one molecule. This transformation gives the paint a new chemical identity that now shares the properties of both paint and glass. Because of this, the newly transformed paint has a depth of gloss that is so optically clear that the gloss looks 3 dimensional. Not only that but the surface tension is increased, the new paint surface is super slick, and because it now shares glass properties it will filter UV rays because glass will filter out 98% of the suns UVA and UVB rays. There are test reports from Labs all over the world on this product including from HONDA.
This is all information I learned from doing research on polishes and waxes since I am so anal about what I use on my bikes and cars. I mean if you still want to use old inferior wax products then go for it. But 10 years down the road when your paint looks dingy and oxidized after applying so many coats of stuff that melts and ruins your paint and the other guy who used GLARE on his bike has a bike that looks better then the day that he bought it you will kick yourself in the pants. That's why I chose very carefully what I use and if I had a $20,000 bike (which I will very shortly and I cant wait ) then I would make sure that I use the absolute best and without a doubt after trying everything out there and I mean EVERYTHING I would never use anything but GLARE.
If Mitch Lanzini from Overhaulin uses GLARE on the custom FOOSE design Hot Rods that FOOSE has him paint in light of the fact that Mother's is paying FOOSE millions to endorse their product, that should tell you what the best product for your MV is.
It doesn't cost $100 a bottle but its not the cheapest product out there either. I believe it goes for around $30 for a 12 oz. bottle, but I know from personal experience that it is a very concentrated product and I get about 3-4 small cars out of one bottle so IMHO its well worth every penny. Let's put it this way you CANT NOT afford not to use it given the benefits vs the price of the one bottle. Did I mention that they also have the best swirl removing product, called GLARE Spider, I've ever used as well? Well they do. These chemists over there are on a roll. Also the GLARE Professional Polish can be used on not only the paint but also on Carbonfiber, glass, plastic, plexiglass, the clear windshields on bikes, Fiberglass, Aluminum, Chrome, and all metal alloys. The GLARE Turbo Action Wheel Cleaner is also another superb product from them. I use it for cleaning the brakedust, road grime, and chain grease sling and its a non acid base formula so you can use it without worying about if its going to damage the finish of your wheels or paint. Its also an Awesome product from GLARE!!! Everything they make is the best hands down!!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Arr. That's the stuff.. I looked everywhere for this info and couldn't find it..

I hear Roy has been set free, just as Harry Rednapp could be spending this summer behind bars..

EMAIL :
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 AM

Wink He shouted FREEDOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
Arr. That's the stuff.. I looked everywhere for this info and couldn't find it..

I hear Roy has been set free, just as Harry Rednapp could be spending this summer behind bars..

Roy is now in self imposed exile.

(London Beefeater video about William Wallace 1 min 57 seconds)

Last edited by adecritten; 11-27-2013 at 01:56 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Glare is the Amsoil of the wax world.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Glare is the Amsoil of the wax world.
CAG

What's Amsoil ?

Is this some sought of urinary incontinence treatment ?

Do they offer Gynecologist advice to strengthening vaginal muscles ?

All advice is much appreciated..

Sorry, must dash for a

( PS: Hasn't anyone ever wondered why this emoticon urinating is of a Cat standing up with what appears to be human behaviour skills .. Weird or what !!)

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode