ways to make the F4-1000 riding position less extreme? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
ways to make the F4-1000 riding position less extreme?

Curious if anyone has some ideas on making the F4-1000 more comfortable for someone like me who has a slight gut. Can you raise the handle bars? Or can you maybe lower the seat a bit? Im 6ft, 235lbs and would ideally like to ride a tiny bit more upright. This is the only reason that i've not bought another F4-1000 yet after crashing my blue one. Any thoughts?

(ps. would making modifications change the way the bike handles?)

Last edited by 777; 02-11-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Smile

Have a look at dgalleo's post on handlebar adjustment in the F4 section. Newbie question..... This might help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 02:02 PM

Well, besides getting in shape have you test ridden or at least considered a Brutale? I doubt the F4 would ever be any better than that ergonomically.

The seat lowering is limited by the subframe, so I doubt that will help. Even if possible, all it would do IMO is put more tank in your way. Have you the leg length to go the opposite way, and raise the seat to get the tank lower relative to your "slight gut"?

Other thing besides seat and handlebars, are the footrests. Adjsuting these (lower?) may help you as well.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Thought you were getting a 910R?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Thought you were getting a 910R?
i am, but it's hard to wait so i was considering options.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 PM

I don't consider the MV riding position to be too extreme, but then again I found the old 998 Ducatis comfortable. All I can offer is that you lower the rear suspension slightly. On my bike, 5mm is all I needed.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:29 PM

I don't really understand the need to make it "less extreme". The bike is what it is... if you wanted a straight up seating bike why not buy something designed for that. For years all I've heard is how Ducati's are torture racks and same with MVs. I find my 996 more comfortable than my MV but at the same time, I think they're both fine for easily doing 6 hours in the saddle. Honestly.. the 999S Ducati is a lot more inline with the position you're desiring, when getting off of my SPR my friend's 999 felt like a cruiser.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:51 PM

I agree, there really is no so much you can do, and if you make big changes, you change the dynamics of the original design...and that defeats the object..surley?

The R1 is way more uncomfortable to ride that the MV, but its got a lot to do with your body shape as well....Italian cars as an example...you gotta have long arms and no legs!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01
I agree, there really is no so much you can do, and if you make big changes, you change the dynamics of the original design...and that defeats the object..surley?

The R1 is way more uncomfortable to ride that the MV, but its got a lot to do with your body shape as well....Italian cars as an example...you gotta have long arms and no legs!
Can you imagine Italians trying to drive a car and talk on the phone? The way they use their hands when talking I can't even imagine!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:08 PM

rearviewmirror, I saw that pic you have in your avatar the other day and that girl is an absolute stunner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode