Watch out Australia i'm headed over - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
X81

Thumbs up Watch out Australia i'm headed over

Yes i'm off to inspect the colonies and see what you've all done with the place...........i hope you've looked after the island over the years?

Sorrry couldn't resist. It looks like i'll be headed over to Port Macquarie in early feb for around 10 days for some dyno/ECU related work. Approx dates but not yet confirmed are 7th-17th/21st ish.

So a few simple questions really.

Firstly who fancies a beer or ten?

Secondly and the more serious question, with me having access to a dyno is there anyone who wishes to capitalise on this and have me supply and map an ECU personally for them as well as?

I am hoping to have the quickshifter fitment ready as well but can't be 100% sure of that yet.

There was a plan that i head up to the gold coast and do some dyno stuff but i think that isn't likely to happen although if possible i would like to scoot up there for a few days being a nosy pommie tourist. Time, workload and success of the trip priority comes before site seeing.

I'm not going to make it anywhere else on this trip i'm afraid as time really is pushed and it's mainly business rather than site seeing. Maybe next year i'll pop over with the family for longer and do more of a grand tour type thing.

Let me know and hopefully i'll be catching up with some of you soon.

Does Australia have guiness btw? or is this going to be a dry trip

cheers

Last edited by X81; 01-08-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Established Member

Port Macquarie ? I thought you were coming out West ?
...yes Australia has Guiness ... I think it's used to repair cracks in the road...Try some of the good stuff while you're here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
Port Macquarie ? I thought you were coming out West ?
...yes Australia has Guiness ... I think it's used to repair cracks in the road...Try some of the good stuff while you're here.

It was an initial plan but i don't think it's gonna work out. Check ya emails mate

I only asked about the Guiness as some of the best pints i have had were either in Dfublin or San Diego of all places so i was wondering if Oz could add itself to my best pint of Guiness tour. You know it's a good pint if you lose count after 12 pints.

Unsurprisingly the worst pint has been spitting/throwing up (literally) distance from here.
post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 11:11 AM

For good beer come to Belgium Chris
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greny View Post
For good beer come to Belgium Chris
Well i have that 1.6M ECU upgrade for your Brutale just sat here with your name on it

Plus i'd bring my push bike and you can show some decent belguim roads so i could work up a thrist whilst there I've got a friend in Lommel and the beer was rather good, expecially the white beer from what i remember.

We also used to race at Mettet and that was a sea of beer, tyre changes, fuel, racing and BEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe after my Oz tour i'll do a european tour
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 01:49 PM

UNLIMITED supplies of Guinness over here Chris and like all Irish men...it doesn't travel well so if you want 'tanked up' with the proper ' black stuff'...I'm your man and when the head clears I'd love you to work your magic on my bike?. A short hop across the 'schuck' (say it like your'e clearing your throat!) Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 01-08-2012 at 04:54 PM.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM

PM sent.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 PM

PM SENT...
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
PM sent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
PM SENT...

post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
UNLIMITED supplies of Guinness over here Chris and like all Irish men...it doesn't travel well so if you want 'tanked up' with the proper ' black stuff'...I'm your man and when the head clears I'd love you to work your magic on my bike?. A short hop across the 'schougghhhh' (say it like your'e clearing your throat!) Brian.

I may be over for the NW200 this year. Not sure yet got loads of irons in the fire so to speak.

If so i'll do my usual and drink my way out of a pint glass down in the port area for most of the night seemed to work out well for me the last time i was there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode