F5 endurance bike - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

F5 endurance bike

Hi all,

It's been about 8 years since my last visit here. Back in those days, I was a daily replier, thanks to my involvement with MV agusta to get a proto racing in the world endurance championship in my own Maxim racing team.

The bike was then called F5, and also on this forum there has been lots of discussions on what was under the fiaring and what not. In the meantime, everybody knows exactly what a F4 1000 is like to ride and how all special technical features work.

After the MV adventures, I moved on to different projects, all involving racing and most of them in world endurance. Tha last one has been to run the factory BMW S1000RR bikes from my workshop in the past season. I was called upon as a last option days before the first race, and we ran the series to the end, missing out on the world title by 30 seconds.

Obviously, the best project would be to run F4's again, but that will not happen anywhere soon.

The reason of my posting is quite simple and straightforward: in the near future, a long term boat trip (yep, a sabbatical on the sea...) is taking shape and might get reality, but there would obviously not be any space on a sailing boat for a motorcycle. So after 10 years, my racing machine might be up for sale. It is a genuine hand-built prototye with a 952 cc engine, and in full racing configuration. It is a matter of a battery and fuel to get the thing started, since it was put into the living room after its last outing in 2006 on the MV Agusta Day in spa.

any people interested in this collectioners item, please feel free to contact me: i have all documentation and communication with the factory that goes with this bike :-)

greetings

Steven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 05:59 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink

Steve

Everyone is going to be asking you for pictures, so you might as well get busy with the uploading..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:14 AM

Welcome back and as said before pictures do speak volumes. Till than You keep me on the edge of my seat.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Established Member

Sounds like a real treat of a machine, no way could I afford it but that don't stop me from wanting to perv over her!

Triumph Daytona 675CF
MV Agusta F4 1078 RR 312

Do not get my personality and my attitude twisted, becasue my personality is me and my attitude depends upon you.....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM

New Site Garage

http://www.bikesetup.com/Author/Author.html

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Established Member

Steve, good luck with your sabbatical.

Regards
Layne
(Phase One Pit Crew)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 01:57 PM

New Site Garage
ah cool... I was there in 2006 and saw you riding it. And that you were helping many MV riders setting up their bikes!

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 11:24 AM

New Site Garage
steve give it in loan to cascina costa museum (unless you need the money) so it stays in the family and you don't loosse your history

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Damn , he,s taken a sabbatical , was planning to bring one of my bikes in for the fork coming spring.
Btw Steve when do you close your workshop ?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

well, did not forget the pics, but I have a broken network disc and am waiting for repair of it...

in the meantime, can anyone tell me how to post a link or just pics here?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode