No MV display at Long Beach Show - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
No MV display at Long Beach Show

I went to the long beach show and MV did not have a both there was on F4R at the pavilion from a dealer. Was disappointed considering that California is one of the main motorcycle market. Ironically MV Canada had a display with an F3 in Toronto the same weekend.

Not sure what the reason was but not to have a mfg booth at long beach show does not help promote their product.

Does anyone know why MV USA did not participate in the Long beach show.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 PM

They weren't at the Dallas show either.

Chris
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
$$$$$$$.....the folks that organize the IMS have pretty hefty vendor space charges. Pretty sure MV USA doesn't have any nice display (stand) prepared, and that is also $$$$, Travel expenses are a lot of $$$$ too. And with only a very few members on staff, who watches the fort if they attend a show...bet they don't have a F3 to show in the US either (Canada homologation is easier then US EPA).

But they should have subsidized a local dealer to represent the product, like BMW and Ducati have done at some of the smaller IMS in the past. Bet Pro-italia could have done it in LA....oh well.

Hoping that will change at the shows coming after the new year....especially the ones close to their HQ like Washington DC in January....we'll see.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Established Member

I was going to go, but didn't feel like putting in the 3 hour drive to LB... Now I'm glad I didn't!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh41282 View Post
I was going to go, but didn't feel like putting in the 3 hour drive to LB... Now I'm glad I didn't!
Compare to previous years this year was a bust. You defintely made the right decision.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVArt View Post
Bottom-line and regardless of $$$, if they advertise that this bike will be there and have a kiosk as well, then make it happen and seriously, an F3 was at the Toronto show, but not in the lower 48.
I have to agree with this...I'll be at the DC show next month...wonder what we will see there????

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 01:59 AM

Supposedly, there's only one F3 over here for the cycle shows. I was told it wouldn't be at the Long Beach show but WILL be at the Seattle show and several others.

Timmay, tim-may timmay timmay. TIMMMAAYYY!!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 AM
xs2

mv

They are going to have F3 at dream pav. But it has not arrived from Italy. Am sure as soon as it gets here will be on display.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVArt View Post
Gents,

If you were unaware, this years show circuit is boasting the "Dream Pavilion" which has bike "Eye Candy" that you normally have not seen in the past 4+ years. The Dream Pavilion advertised that the following bikes would be on display: Aprilia RSV4 APRC SE, Ducati Diavel AMG, EBR 1190RS, KTM RC8R track-ready bike, Norton Commando 961 Cafe Racer (which by the way is a really cool bike) and a few others. But get this, they claim that the fricken MV Agusta F3 Serie Oro is also supposed to be part of the show... yes, you read that correctly.

So at the Dallas show which was prior to Long Beach and in the Dream Pavilion area, there was a MV Kiosk, yet no F3 or F4... but there was a nice blown-up and framed color picture of the F3 Serie Oro... now that sucked!!!

I am sure 'hyperF4' noticed and can validate this.

Bottom-line and regardless of $$$, if they advertise that this bike will be there and have a kiosk as well, then make it happen and seriously, an F3 was at the Toronto show, but not in the lower 48.
I did see the Dream pavillion with the pic of the F3 and the sign said F4, but no bike. I asked and the guy said "we couldn't get a F3 so we were going to get a F4, but couldn't get that either". I told him he should've let me know and i'd have brought mine in. LOL.

I read somewhere that they'd have the MV at only 3 shows, and they were northern states. Also, BMW was not there either. At least Ducati let the local Plano dealership have a new 1199s to showcase. That same dealer sells MV and BMW, yet they couldn't do the same.

Chris
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 09:01 AM

dallas show was kinda lame,no mv,aprilla,bmw,ktm.guess toyota pulled out too.the shows have not been like they use too.mfg will blame the ecconomy but you cant sell from an empty bucket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode