Newbie gal - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Newbie gal

hey everyone

im hazza from the UK, been riding for 8 years predominantly sports bikes. i used to ride my dads MV F4 750 quite abit and he finally got the hump with me this year racking mileage up on it that he made me get my own. ive still got my first love which is my Triumph Daytona 675, ive spent as much money on as i did buying my MV! so couldnt part with her at all, im gonna try and push her to track next year abit more.

my MV is a 2009 F4 1078 RR 312, it's my first liter bike and only done 4,500miles, didnt stop me adding 500miles in the first 2 days of owning it haha!! im not one for worrying about mileage as i racked my Daytona to 24,000miles in three years. its what they are designed for right?! i swear that my Daytona and RR plot different ways of braking down to each other in the garage, one British and one Italian cant be a great combination of reliability! (the Triumph living up to that to a T!)

anyway she's still completely standard, after a week of owning her she was straight on the dyno and was kicking out 172.47BHP and 82.83 max Torque. i'm hoping thats good for an MV at that age? but i have a whole list of needed bits already for her. microtech, MWR filter (i have one on my trumpet already, amazing bit of kit!) and maybe a RG3 exhaust. but i still need to get in contact with Xbikes about it.

anyway this has turned into a bit of a novel now, im made keen on knowing more about the MV's so any niggles please tell me!!!

and how do i up load images as im struggling to get to understand that lol!

Triumph Daytona 675CF
MV Agusta F4 1078 RR 312

Do not get my personality and my attitude twisted, becasue my personality is me and my attitude depends upon you.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Hi Haz, where in the UK are you? Plenty of decent UK people on here with decent advice and recommendations of good dealers.

When my Dad and I first laid our eyes on an MV Agusta at the UK launch, we were simply blown away.................
post #3 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome
post #4 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Welcome aboard. My 312RR is at X-Bikes right now getting 20 BHP added along with bling.

Come the good weather we organise some ride outs. You wont be alone as Rosemary on her 1098 comes out with us most times.

A

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
post #6 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

ah sweet dude! what are you having done to her at xbikes? i find it real sluggish at low rev's, the fueling on my Daytona 675 is waay better and i hate admitting that!

Triumph Daytona 675CF
MV Agusta F4 1078 RR 312

Do not get my personality and my attitude twisted, becasue my personality is me and my attitude depends upon you.....
post #7 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 05:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up welcome!

Hazza;
welcome aboard

i see you over on the UK forum too
on the pipes ask Chris about the Bodis.....definitely do the MicroTec

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza RR View Post
ah sweet dude! what are you having done to her at xbikes? i find it real sluggish at low rev's, the fueling on my Daytona 675 is waay better and i hate admitting that!

I have had the steering tube swapped out for a 750 one which allegedely changes the rake ? Different swing arm plates/ride height. Forks dropped through yokes, pins removed from levers to allow a better position. Suspension all set up. Performance air filter, Microtek ECU, exhaust decatted and modified to sortof RG3 spec,

Already had Muzzy fans on it.

Then on the bling side it has had the exhaust mirror polished, the marchesinis mirror polished and painted.

The dash went to Italy for a new face and an in built gear position indicator.

Probably a few things that I have forgotten

A

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
post #9 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proddieracer View Post
I have had the steering tube swapped out for a 750 one which allegedely changes the rake ? Different swing arm plates/ride height. Forks dropped through yokes, pins removed from levers to allow a better position. Suspension all set up. Performance air filter, Microtek ECU, exhaust decatted and modified to sortof RG3 spec,

Already had Muzzy fans on it.

Then on the bling side it has had the exhaust mirror polished, the marchesinis mirror polished and painted.

The dash went to Italy for a new face and an in built gear position indicator.

Probably a few things that I have forgotten

A
Yes it does change the rake a tad and quickens the steering ...Donsy has done this with a bearing carrier I sent down under : )
joe

ps Welcome to the forum Hazza : )

Last edited by gotojoe; 12-12-2011 at 01:35 PM.
post #10 of 174 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Hazza, welcome to the forum, keep an eye on the rear hub bearings, plenty of threads on here about those. Lol

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode