Anyone around Vegas or to the South? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Anyone around Vegas or to the South?

Hey all

I'm going to be in Vegas for most of Jan with a film project, but after the 13th it's all leisure.

Quite fancy getting a bike and taking off to the south in search of nowhere, somewhere and a few views in between.

Anyone around that part of the world who could help recommend some nice areas to ride through, places to stay or fancy joining for a few miles?

Also, if anyone knows a good place for bike rental that would be great.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13_uk View Post
Hey all

I'm going to be in Vegas for most of Jan with a film project, but after the 13th it's all leisure.

Quite fancy getting a bike and taking off to the south in search of nowhere, somewhere and a few views in between.

Anyone around that part of the world who could help recommend some nice areas to ride through, places to stay or fancy joining for a few miles?

Also, if anyone knows a good place for bike rental that would be great.

Cheers
I have met several people at the Hoover Dam (which you must see, it's an engineering marvel) on rented Harley's. If a cruiser is what you had in mind, I would suggest a trip to central Arizona. You could spend days sight-seeing on interesting roads. I don't know if you can rent a sport bike in Vegas but if that's what you want I would suggest a trip to San Diego. They have some good canyon roads and it will be warmer.

Keep in mind, it's all about elevation in the southwest. The better the roads, the higher the elevation and the colder it will be. Unless you can pack the right gear you will be limited to day rides.

I will be in Michigan in January but I know all the roads worth riding between Kingman and Phoenix. I can put you on some desolate curves and into the tourist spots for a day or three days.

In my opinion, there isn't anything interesting to ride within 100 miles of Vegas. PM me if you want to mark a map.

MV Ultra Take the ride!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode