F4 750 Gearing Options? - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 208
F4 750 Gearing Options?

It has finally arrived, the chain & sprockets are now kaput on my 750 workhorse.

I am wanting to change the gearing & lower the top speed down to about 150mph but I am unsure how big or small I can go without fowling anything.

I was thinking about a 13T front & a 42 rear? The bike is used mainly for track use & the odd fast road run.

What is sensible without causing any rubbing issues etc?

Thanks.
bungle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
theknurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Palos Verdes Est, SoCal, USA
Posts: 13,892
Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink gearing?

bungle;
you might want to ask this in "hands on" >"customizing"

here's Gearing Commander to give you the ratios;
http://www.gearingcommander.com/

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
theknurl is online now  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Home. In Dixie.
Posts: 13,695
Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
14-43 should make you a happy camper.
CAG is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 208
Thanks.
bungle is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
bungle;
you might want to ask this in "hands on" >"customizing"

here's Gearing Commander to give you the ratios;
http://www.gearingcommander.com/
We've got a "hands on" section ? Lay of the crack man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungle View Post
It has finally arrived, the chain & sprockets are now kaput on my 750 workhorse.

I am wanting to change the gearing & lower the top speed down to about 150mph but I am unsure how big or small I can go without fowling anything.

I was thinking about a 13T front & a 42 rear? The bike is used mainly for track use & the odd fast road run.

What is sensible without causing any rubbing issues etc?

Thanks.
Carl's right, do not go down to a 13 front, that is very small and might cause swing-arm issue's as well as excessive chain wear. I run 15-43 on the 1000R and that makes first almost redundent. Not sure how that would go on the 750, 14-43 sounds good to me.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Senior Member
 
kieran323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Posts: 814
Although I hardly track my 750, I run 14-43 and I get around about 250ish kmh top (indicated with corrected speedo) so that might be maybe what you are after?

It feels like it pulls much much stronger from lower down too now

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kieran323 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dyer,IN.,USA
Posts: 38
I run 14t-40t on my 2002 750 and I got 152mph in 5th gear then ran out of road. Be sure to use the 14t from MV if you decide to go that way. I tried an aftermarket sprocket and it did not line up properly. It made the bike more fun to ride for me.
P.Massignani is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Massignani View Post
I run 14t-40t on my 2002 750 and I got 152mph in 5th gear then ran out of road. Be sure to use the 14t from MV if you decide to go that way. I tried an aftermarket sprocket and it did not line up properly. It made the bike more fun to ride for me.

Did not line up how ? I have only used aftermarket (520) and no problems. I think there is a difference between the 750 and 1000 sprockets though, not just in the 520 and 525 pitch size. I might be wrong here, but would like to know too.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:43 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
I have the IS version and it is superb, quick and the is works well, even helped dampen truck vibrations on the harbour bridge the other night, allowing some decent long exposures of the harbour.

I'm selling up though as it dowsnt get enough use, on my crop 550d, its just too 'long'
Gonna downsize to a superwide for now and use my cheapy 75-300 if I really need the focal length

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat If I had the cash, I'll use a superwide a lot more than the tele
Parzifal22 is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Fuck off and Die you piece of shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parzifal22 View Post
I have the IS version and it is superb, quick and the is works well, even helped dampen truck vibrations on the harbour bridge the other night, allowing some decent long exposures of the harbour.

I'm selling up though as it dowsnt get enough use, on my crop 550d, its just too 'long'
Gonna downsize to a superwide for now and use my cheapy 75-300 if I really need the focal length

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat If I had the cash, I'll use a superwide a lot more than the tele

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome