Warning for Qld riders - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Warning for Qld riders

Was told of the latest gadget our police officers are now using for 'safety measures'. On the Brisbane northside last weekend they were pulling over bikers and checking their exhaust emmissions with an exhaust gas analyser.
Those who have removed their cats were given a ticket for 4 points and $600!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 AM

Thumbs down

Mate, I wish I was shocked.....But I'm not. just another revenue raiser, for poor Gov management that all....

Look out for the Point to Point Speed/Scamera's roll out Just saying.....Does something sound wrong here....

Then the Gold Coast Police Helicopter has to earn its ROI on HWP.....

We're doomed
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 06:19 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Does that mean my bike would not pass with the Bodis system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

It gets worse - same offence within 12 months = double points = getting real close to licence suspension!

Our state govt needs as much $ as it can get to continue to feed the pigs at the trough.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 PM

Dogs.....

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 AM

Is it just a blitz or is it to be an ongoing thing..?

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:39 AM

Mate it does not matter what excuse they put on the table. it is all a load of political crap to feed the purists who , without all this mighty "oh to do better " bullshit would not have a job.

they need to justify their existence and to get their bonuses for a job well done.

Its about time we got a bike rider into parliament who could piss off all this crap and get us what we really want....somewhere safe to ride our bikes that does not cost us an arm and a leg for the priveliege of a days outing.

Ohh ,by the way , I nearly forgot , they are trying all sorts of crap here in S.A also.

got pulled over by a mass barrage of our finest , stopping all bikes in all directions looking for , in particular , ROTATING AND HIDDEN NUMBER PLATES

well fuck me... how unsafe is that for a rider and the environment.

all they ended up doing to 4 out of 5 of the group was give a ticket for the number plate being too high ( needs to be at a 45 degree angle to a line drawn between the 2 axles to the bottom of the reflector which needs to sit on the mudgaurd ).

well fuck me over again , that also will make you fall off your bike and other cars not see you I,m sure.

you got me started ya buggers...better go before I get kicked off the site for getting impassionate about beaurocracy.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:43 AM

Well in the UK they could do better by stopping aggressive driving and tailgating is the norm for car drivers...Speed is just one part of the equation..

So far as rotating and undersized/ badly angled number plates are concerned..why give them an excuse ?

The exhaust thing is an "offence" I guess but the points and fine is heavy handed. The law is the law tho and I would say a bike should be recorded as defective and then the owner given a 7 day rectification notice and instruction to have the bike tested at a test centre with the cost of a test...

I know that here in the UK if you alter your bike and don't tell your insurers..you aren't covered....One insurer even including non standard decals as an alteration ...The point is the bigger the claim ..the deeper they'll dig...

I would guess that if I took the cat off my bike and didn't advise the insurers..I'd find my cover null and void..not a good place to be...

joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 11-28-2011 at 03:50 AM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 04:22 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
While we are on the subject of petty fines,never leave your keys in your bike in Queenland.I was at Mt Glorious,boys in blue pulled up,walked along and booked around 6 owners,Fuck man the owners were only 3 meters from there bikes having a coffee.Could not believe my eyes,also while I am having a winge,what happens when 6 Harley's go past the law pumping out the same decibel level as a Boeing 747,the police look the other way,something is very wrong.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Apparently an internal bean counter calculated the revenue possibilities, based on a figure of 1/3 of modern bikes (with cat as std) have had their exhaust modded/replaced. Income will be in the 10's of millions.

Captain Bli and her cronies gave the OK to proceed, to help pay for the latest pay increase. Mitch, it will be ongoing, along with the mobile noise level meters, rear fender gauges.

For the record, the following are first for the Man to check if he didn't get his jollies last night:
- mirror size - a number of the Rizoma handlebar mirrors are too small in area
- rear indicator spacing - there is a minimum distance apart
- rear fender length - can't wait for mine to be scrutinised. It is stock std and may not pass, but it has been through ADR
- rego tubes are a definite ticket attraction. It is not an offence to not have a rego sticker. Do not admit to having it under the seat. That will get you a ticket for incorrect display.
- aftermarket exhaust. The guys I ride with carry with them an engineers certificate that says the exhaust is compliant for noise. A roadworthy is not sufficient. The E3 sticker or engraving is best.

Remember that once you get a ticket for the same offence 3 times, your bike can be impounded and disposed of under the hooning laws. One of my ride group ignored his tickets for his slip-on and lost his BKing. He bought it back, but it cost a lot of $ and stress! (Finance companies don't like it when the asset is no longer available for them to seize if the loan goes bad)

I was planning to decat and microtec my Brutie. I have now put that off for a while. I am hoping that the microtec is easily switchable with respect to the O2 sensor function.

Last edited by revhead1957; 11-28-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode