Great MV job in UK. Sadly crap money - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Great MV job in UK. Sadly crap money

http://www.bikejobs.co.uk/content/pa...2-4ae98188.htm

What a great job, shame the money is so crap.

A

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
But you do get some benefits.....car, phone, computer, employee purchase....I presume travel costs are reimbursed.

PLUS, you get to make sure the MV dealers improve and address all the parts supply and service concerns...just think, you would be a hero on the forum!!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:34 PM
20k a year with the opportunity to double it is crap?? I think there are a lot of people out there who would be very pleased with that package. There are lots of unemployed highly skilled people around. Less than 12 months ago I was struggling to find a job and I have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering and 30 years relative work experience, I was lucky I now have well paid steady employment. You must have a good job, I'd suggest you hang on to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Established Member

That role could be okay for someone who can take some serious verbal crap from disgruntled MV buyers & dealers. It could break a weak man when the!

Thinking back to the amount of shouting and complaining I did to my dealer along with many others it must of worn them down because they ended up dumping MV.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
20k a year with the opportunity to double it is crap?? I think there are a lot of people out there who would be very pleased with that package. There are lots of unemployed highly skilled people around. Less than 12 months ago I was struggling to find a job and I have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering and 30 years relative work experience, I was lucky I now have well paid steady employment. You must have a good job, I'd suggest you hang on to it.
There is nothing wrong with the pay & jobs at the moment are hard come by in these times. It will certainly give someone a smile if they get it.

I really feel sorry for some guys as I have people sending letters to me & CV"s asking for work with a real sad covering letter. Example- I am 58yrs old & never been unemployed before & I am willing to work any hours available for standard rate etc etc.

These are really talented & skilled men who I would give a job to anyday but unfortunately times are tough & I can not see me taking anyone on in the very distant future! Shame.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
John
I value the accumulated knowledge and experience that I have gathered over 30yrs plus far far higher than a 20k basic or even twice that.

The bonus will come as a result of meeting and exceeding targets and service level agreements etc.So its not given for nothing.

However the depth of business knowledge required to know and advise dealers on "Dealer Composites" and how to improve their businesses is worth more than 20k + bens.

Yes I do have a good well paid job but was without work for 6 months whilst I waited for the right opportunity to come along.

It would be a good job at around 35k basic and 20k available as bonuses etc.

Of course these are just my opinions.

A

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends ?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 03:21 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
25 days vacation? 25 days?! You have to work 15 years at the same business here to get that. Some people never get it. Ask Matty.

Except teachers. They get lots of vacation.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 03:23 PM

This job sounds a little like being a Waiter in a fancy restaurant.....You have to front the restaurant with a smile..put up with some serious grief from the customers..and give the chef hell when the standards slip..without upsetting him too much as he can sack you......and the tips equate to performance related pay...which of course is dependant on the whole house pulling in the right direction.

Sounds like a challenge..
joe
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
25 days vacation? 25 days?! You have to work 15 years at the same business here to get that. Some people never get it. Ask Matty.

Carl, Just imagine..It's 8.00am Monday morning..You park the car on the car park...trudge into the school building...walk along the longest corridor and there lurking behind the door, waiting is a class full of delightful young teenagers who were discussing the previous week's lesson and greet you with " Good morning Sir"

Only that's fantasy..!! Wear a flak Jacket and ear plugs and consult your calendar for the end of Semester date..: )

joe
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I wonder if that 25 days includes holidays such as Christmas (we in the USA get a fair number of those).

I know a few teachers....they deserve the "summer vacation", they have to put up with the spoiled, ill prepared children whose parents do nothing to support the teacher, instead blaming the teacher. They also end up working during vacation studying and preparing for next year and the constantly changing standards they must meet.
My neighbor leaves for school each morning well before 7 am, and generally gets home around 7 that evening, unless he has parent-teacher conferences or other school mandated activities that keep him there later. He also has to provide the majority of his classroom supplies out of his own pocket.

I think our teachers are terribly underpaid, especially when compared in value to society with, let's say, a bank CEO. Think we would have better teachers in our schools if we paid them well?

OK...off topic thread hi-jack. Back on topic:

The motorcycle business is not a known for high pay (exception: some dealership owners have done quite well in the past, not so much today). You accept the low pay to be working in a business you have a passion for. Let's face it, bikes are fun.

So how much vacation is normal for folks outside the USA...

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode