Cancelled the RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Cancelled the RR

looks like im going to the other side guys..im in love with the new 1199 Panigale.
What do you guys think of this machine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcho73 View Post
looks like im going to the other side guys..im in love with the new 1199 Panigale.
I think the Duc is going to be awesome.
Attached Images

post #3 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:06 PM
A friend of mine (who's also a member on here and owner of a 1000S) has one on order for delivery in March next year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:07 PM

Byron

Its on show at the Sydney Motorcycle Exhibition all weekend for you to see.

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
post #5 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Established Member

i've just seen one at the nec show and wasnt very impressed.imo the build quality is not as good as older dukes its more like a jap bike than an italian.fairing is very thin im sure they say thats to save weight and the air ducts look like saggy eyes.imo the press pictures do it alot of favours.wouldnt mind ago on one having said that.lol
post #6 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:21 PM

Eveyone is saying that the bike "feels" small like an aprilia 125 so it shouldnt be for tall persons!
It looks very nice -I wasnt fan on the 1098/1198 models image - and it should be fast but Im already hooked to my 999. I will test one in order to have a more reasonable opinion.
I never want to be first in line to get new models...
post #7 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcho73 View Post
My mate (Steve Wood) has just bought an RR, even he has said ( and believe me here if you cut him in half it would say 'MV' like a stick of rock) that for nigh on the same money as the RR the 1199S looks to have an awful lot of extra's compared to the MV....proper TC, ABS (an extra) and electronic adj suspension, LED headlights, must admit I saw and sat on one in Milan and found myself on the Ducati stand more than once at the NEC......................worrying when I have just bought the RSV4 factory

I'll just add, you would have to be MV through and through to take an RR over the Panigale

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk; 11-24-2011 at 03:29 PM.
post #8 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Gay as.........

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #9 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:42 PM

My only concern would be buying the first run of a completely new design. I always like to buy the second series of a model, after the teething issues have been addressed.
post #10 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
My only concern would be buying the first run of a completely new design. I always like to buy the second series of a model, after the teething issues have been addressed.

+1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode