Euro and Italian Economy up the Creek, is MV safe? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Euro and Italian Economy up the Creek, is MV safe?

I have been hearing a bit about the Euro and in particular the Italian economy lately. I am seriously thinking about getting a brand new MV but I have been wondering if MV's past financial difficulties could haunt us all again if the Italian ecomomy collapsed. It has been challenging in the past owning an M.V all the way down here and would hate to fork out the big $ to find that the recovery of the brand (particularly here in Australia) is again set back by things out of our control.
I would be interested to hear others opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

I see an MV pond, I dive in head first.

There are those that like to measure the depth first & that's fair enough too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
I see an MV pond, I dive in head first.

There are those that like to measure the depth first & that's fair enough too.
Mate, I know where your coming from. I always buy my bikes based on feeling and passion, never with my head. I wouldn't even consider MV otherwise, its just that I do remember and its documented everywhere on this board how frustrating it was when the brand was not properly represented here. Surely the small market like Australia / NZ would be one of the first to go if the cash dries up.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM

What is your fear?
Not being able to get parts support?
The bike value falling like a stone due to a collapsed manufacturer?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:28 AM

If you ever watched 127 hours, you will know how Germany and France are at the moment.

You have to chop off your arm (Italy and Greece) to survive (Euro). Its going to be fucking painful but its the hard decision that makes the Euro great. Indecision (gangrene) will slowly kill everyone.

For MV's point of view, we'll all be paying for parts in Lira at inflated prices instead of Euro.

Think about this, the Italian government has 2.0 Trillion Euro (€2,000,000,000,000.00) of debt and have to pay this at 7% interest!!!

The only way Italy can even think of paying back the debt at 7% interest is to increase personal income taxes, and HUGH spending cuts. The flow on effect would be government workers will loose their jobs. Banks will make it harder / more expensive to borrow for personal and business debt. Even higher unemployment will set in.

For all you Aussies, 7% interest is about the same as what most people are paying at the moment for their home loan in Australia.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Last edited by minime; 11-11-2011 at 01:50 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizel View Post
What is your fear?
Not being able to get parts support?
The bike value falling like a stone due to a collapsed manufacturer?
Some people buy with their hearts

others buy using their heads thinking of todays climate and the ongoing hassle with MV

One thankfull thing with the Italian crisis right now is:

no more months holidays and the MV factory shutting down for a month

get the Italians working their lazy asses off, including the ones at the MV factory, perhaps they can actually work and make up a parts shipment

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 02:56 AM

Whilst in Italy this week with all this debt talk and Jail dodger Bellesconni saying he's standing down the Italian's are not as friendly as in previous years..........in fact saying they were f*****g rude would be a compliment.

Trying to post an internal parcel from an Italian post office was just bloody hard work, she just threw a form at us and was no help whatsoever, we asked a Policeman where the post office was and he just said 'no' and walked away.

And Mc Donalds ouside Central Station has a large bouncer (security guard) stood on the door to keep the beggars, tramps and con artists out, the Metro is full of eastern europenans trying tocon you..............

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
If you ever watched 127 hours, you will know how Germany and France are at the moment.

You have to chop off your arm (Italy and Greece) to survive (Euro). Its going to be fucking painful but its the hard decision that makes the Euro great. Indecision (gangrene) will slowly kill everyone.

For MV's point of view, we'll all be paying for parts in Lira at inflated prices instead of Euro.

Think about this, the Italian government has 2.0 Trillion Euro (Ä2,000,000,000,000.00) of debt and have to pay this at 7% interest!!!

The only way Italy can even think of paying back the debt at 7% interest is to increase personal income taxes, and HUGH spending cuts. The flow on effect would be government workers will loose their jobs. Banks will make it harder / more expensive to borrow for personal and business debt. Even higher unemployment will set in.

For all you Aussies, 7% interest is about the same as what most people are paying at the moment for their home loan in Australia.
Home loan in Belgium 4.2%
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

The Heart Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore View Post
Mate, I know where your coming from. I always buy my bikes based on feeling and passion, never with my head. I wouldn't even consider MV otherwise, its just that I do remember and its documented everywhere on this board how frustrating it was when the brand was not properly represented here. Surely the small market like Australia / NZ would be one of the first to go if the cash dries up.
Yes agreed, I don't see bikes as a primary form or transport, so it's not about the head - I rarely ride any bike to get to a destination, there maybe a destination in the ride but it's about the ride first & foremost. Passion is the only thing that can rule those senses.

As for the future, che sara, sara. The world is now a global village and you can always get what you want - I think it's more difficult for single bike owners as any downtime means they can't ride, with multiple bikes, the effect is not as severe.

But you know, when you have lots of bikes, the one you really want to ride is the broken one - funny thing human nature.

Bottom-line, if it puts a great big smile on your face, all other obstacles are surmountable. MV does that for me & always will - when it doesn't anymore I will know my riding days are over.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Whilst in Italy this week with all this debt talk and Jail dodger Bellesconni saying he's standing down the Italian's are not as friendly as in previous years..........in fact saying they were f*****g rude would be a compliment.

Trying to post an internal parcel from an Italian post office was just bloody hard work, she just threw a form at us and was no help whatsoever, we asked a Policeman where the post office was and he just said 'no' and walked away.

And Mc Donalds ouside Central Station has a large bouncer (security guard) stood on the door to keep the beggars, tramps and con artists out, the Metro is full of eastern europenans trying tocon you..............
and to think "we" U.K. tax payers are bailing them out

lol perhaps MV do have the spares but wont send them.

Village people were right when they sang "go west" and not in a "gay" manor, if you live in the U.K. go west

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode