credit where credit is due. MV Agusta USA makes good - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
credit where credit is due. MV Agusta USA makes good

After a rather harrowing experience with the SPU on my '04 Brutale, MV Agusta USA has agreed to replace it. They have offered me a credit for what I paid with the dealer of my choice.

Since I complained loudly here about the lack of response from the company, it is right that I praise them loudly here as well.

I'm quite pleased with the new focus on customer satisfaction and I believe it will continue. This is positive news indeed for the company.

Bravo MV Agusta USA! I'm proud of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Al-

thats good to hear, I hope that the parts network will be alive and flowing. Might just make the purchase of an F3 a bit more comfortable
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That is good to hear Carl....I take it you have had conversation with the new administration/distributor?
Hope they are getting focus back on market support now.

Wonder if they will display at some of the International Motorcycle Shows this coming year????

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 PM

good to hear--My SPU nearly killed me a couple times, not to mention the rear hub

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I have spoken with the new management. They got off to a slow start, but I think they realize customer satisfaction is job one.

I believe you will see more common issues taken care of under warranty even if the warranty period has expired. They have hired a dedicated "warranty guy" to look into complaints.

The SPUs on the brutales and the hub issues have their attention.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
thats good to hear, I hope that the parts network will be alive and flowing. Might just make the purchase of an F3 a bit more comfortable
Me too ..... I've been waiting for a new dash for a month now ..... and there is NO idea of when one will be coming in ......

What a royal pain in the ass !!!!!!

w1smc

"Siete tutti Rat Bastards tranne mia madre!"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Established Member

Good for you Cag, and good job opening the issue for others as well!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I have spoken with the new management. They got off to a slow start, but I think they realize customer satisfaction is job one.

I believe you will see more common issues taken care of under warranty even if the warranty period has expired. They have hired a dedicated "warranty guy" to look into complaints.

The SPUs on the brutales and the hub issues have their attention.
Cag, do you think MVAgusta will have a recall on the hubs????
Seems ridiculous that this is now a known issue - having several fail - so why wait till someone has a SERIOUS accident before they replace???????
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 04:34 PM

New Site Garage
Excellent work Mr. G - and yes, credit is due.

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post
Cag, do you think MVAgusta will have a recall on the hubs????
Seems ridiculous that this is now a known issue - having several fail - so why wait till someone has a SERIOUS accident before they replace???????

The percentage of failures is anecdotal. A Factory Safety Recall (at least in the USA) would be driven by the NHTSA after investigations of reports made by complainants and review with the OEM.

If the NHTSA has not received a significant number of complaints (relative to the number of units in service) they will not address the issue. I suspect the same format holds true in other countries. Considering the primary market for MV products is Europe (in total sales numbers) and the EU is known for some pretty strict regulations regarding safety, I suspect a recall is not forthcoming on rear hubs.

Without disparaging those who have had problems, I can say that my bike has been properly maintained and has over 18,000 miles without an issue (knock on wood). I am of the camp that believe most failures have been caused by improper service or maintenance. This is not to say the design could not be more robust. And MV has indeed made improvements with later models, although 10 years of production passed before those changes were made.

I could be wrong, of course....but I don't think you will see a hub recall.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode