Jarama Vintage Festival .Agostini ,Nieto in MV... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Jarama Vintage Festival .Agostini ,Nieto in MV...

Jarama Vintage Festival in Madrid , Agostini, Nieto in vintage MV, and much more,by Hagakure ,member spain mv-agusta.es, enjoy.

http://www.mv-agusta.es/foro/viewtop...3&p=1466#p1466
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Beautiful, Beautiful & BEAUTIFUL - the world was a much better place back then Thank you for posting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Beautiful, Beautiful & BEAUTIFUL - the world was a much better place back then Thank you for posting
One of my dreams is get a vintage MV...like you, congratulations for your history bikes.

Last edited by SpainF4; 10-31-2011 at 03:50 AM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Certainly they are cool looking bikes.
But since they came out 10-30 years before I was even born and at the cost of sounding ignorant [happens all the time], what makes these bikes so amazing?

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartukus View Post
But since they came out 10-30 years before I was even born and at the cost of sounding ignorant [happens all the time], what makes these bikes so amazing?
Difficult to put into words Daniel - When I ride classics it just a different word, I actually get transported into era the bike came from. When I ride a 70's MV with open face helmet goggles etc if I am on road without other cars I could believe I am in the 70's. They brake different handle different & your riding technique is very different, there's (at most) 3 inches of rubber between you & catastrophe & certainly no thread up the sides of the tyres.

But the way it all comes together including the modest engine outputs, it just works, everything feels different - technically inferior but paradoxically superior & somehow magical.

I know that really doesn't explain it but if you are ever in Australia, drop in & we'll go riding, after that you may understand. Of course, you could say - hell that was crap give me back the bikes I was born on that do everything exceptionally well

The truth is, that it's about romanticism - they generally tend to represent a very fond period in your life.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Last edited by MVista; 10-30-2011 at 09:44 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainF4 View Post
Jarama Vintage Festival in Madrid , Agostini, Nieto in vintage MV, and much more,by Hagakure ,member spain mv-agusta.es, enjoy.

http://www.mv-agusta.es/foro/viewtop...3&p=1466#p1466
A real joy, thanks for posting. It is alway a great experience to see and hear this bikes, plus meeting racing legends as Ago and Nieto. I'm glad for You guys that You had the pleasure to be at valencia.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartukus View Post
The MV Agusta's are world championship winning bikes and the dream of a million motorcyclists of the era.
Now young Spartacus it is understandable that You ask that. And honestly You are grown up as part of a generation where the newest will have to replace full functioning things, even if they still do the job. Once something isn't working You call 911 or cry at the forum, facebook or what ever source. And if nobody is going to bally brush You, repair it for You, You will trough it away. This is todays way of living, not to offend You.
Clearly are nowadays Sport Bikes light years ahead of such old machinery. They function well and don't need any service for thousands of miles. The frames, brakes and suspension make any racer of the past feel ashamed. To power output of modern engines is plain awesome and would have the ability to snatch world chamiponships a few years ago. Alone they commute mostly on idle speed trough conjusted roads or live their lives at 50% of their performance.
Now this old vintage crap is quite the opposite. Needs constant care, the ability to fix the simple, but tricky, mechanics and electrics. It needs peoples who love to fix things and can cope with disappointment.
But You should see the tears of joy in their faces if this peoples manage a few laps on a track or a tour over the country roads.
So why is this ? Is it the feeling of being atop of the technology. Is it that You can go and push hundred ten percent out of the classics and still feel You have it under control ? Is it the simplictiy of the mechanics and design what is making us falling in love with such old stuff. For me it is. But that is something You young Spartacus will might never experience and understand. And this is pretty sad for me.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
The MV Agusta's are world championship winning bikes and the dream of a million motorcyclists of the era.
Now young Spartacus it is understandable that You ask that. And honestly You are grown up as part of a generation where the newest will have to replace full functioning things, even if they still do the job. Once something isn't working You call 911 or cry at the forum, facebook or what ever source. And if nobody is going to bally brush You, repair it for You, You will trough it away. This is todays way of living, not to offend You.
Clearly are nowadays Sport Bikes light years ahead of such old machinery. They function well and don't need any service for thousands of miles. The frames, brakes and suspension make any racer of the past feel ashamed. To power output of modern engines is plain awesome and would have the ability to snatch world chamiponships a few years ago. Alone they commute mostly on idle speed trough conjusted roads or live their lives at 50% of their performance.
Now this old vintage crap is quite the opposite. Needs constant care, the ability to fix the simple, but tricky, mechanics and electrics. It needs peoples who love to fix things and can cope with disappointment.
But You should see the tears of joy in their faces if this peoples manage a few laps on a track or a tour over the country roads.
So why is this ? Is it the feeling of being atop of the technology. Is it that You can go and push hundred ten percent out of the classics and still feel You have it under control ? Is it the simplictiy of the mechanics and design what is making us falling in love with such old stuff. For me it is. But that is something You young Spartacus will might never experience and understand. And this is pretty sad for me.
wow! thanks for share this beatifull words.
+10000
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 03:06 PM

Great post!!

I would love a classic MV, but unless I get the lottery sorted, it will remain a dream.

The older I get, the faster I was!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainF4 View Post
One of my dreams is get a vintage MV...like you, congratulations for your history bikes.
Sorry SapinF4, I missed your post which is why I didn't reply.

Thank you for your kind words I am sure one day you will historical bikes of your own, especially living in Europe, they are much easier to get!

Last year I came to Germany with my son to collect my 125 sport http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35827 Anything is possible

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode