MV attraction?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Cool MV attraction??

I was just wondering.

I'm on to my fifth MV now (yeah, 1000S, 312R, 1078RR, Brutale 1078RR) in just over three years, and I wonder if the attraction is starting to wane. I've got my 312R (2nd hand) up to "my" scratch now so it's more "my bike", and I'm sort of getting used to the white/black colour scheme (no red/grey 312R available in Holland at the time).

Could I ever change to, say, a ZX-10R (forget about the woos S1000RR)?

I'm not sure. Motorsikkels are emotion.

What do you guys feel?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM

New Site Garage
It will always be a MV in my garage.

And the white and black 312r is the prettiest.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And White bullet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 03:02 PM

you have to remember your interest may be waning because honestly most people don't get that many expensive bikes in a lifetime and you are fortunate enough to get some really nice bikes in the course of only 3 years. so its not surprising that the bikes may be getting a bit of "the same old same old".

have fun with them and if you feel the need to move to a different brand so be it, have fun in the process.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Well, actually. I don't (feel that need). Riding home from hospital and office today (that combination was the main reason to use the bike instead of the pushbike or the car; touching 125 mph on the ring road) I kept thinking about that question.

Yeah yeah, it's a bit coarse (ergal bar ends), it's unsuited to a lot of civilized traffic, it's not that comfortable.

But it's fast (ok; a Fireblade would be fast), sů fast, that handling, the riding position,and sů exhilarating.

Ahum.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Cool Garbage

Well I just put out the garbage (happens twice a week) and stood looking at my 312R for all of 10 (ten) minutes. My thoughts. Plenty.

There's no other bike like it. Look at those forms, the organ pipe exhausts and no, square pipes just don't cut it. Good try, but there you have it.

And yes, and I feel fortunate (but also wasteful) in having had four new MV's in three years. There's reasons, but they're neither here nor there.

This one I feel comfortable with, this one I'll stick with.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF4Black View Post
Well I just put out the garbage (happens twice a week) and stood looking at my 312R for all of 10 (ten) minutes. My thoughts. Plenty.

There's no other bike like it. Look at those forms, the organ pipe exhausts and no, square pipes just don't cut it. Good try, but there you have it.

And yes, and I feel fortunate (but also wasteful) in having had four new MV's in three years. There's reasons, but they're neither here nor there.

This one I feel comfortable with, this one I'll stick with.
So you're planning on selling the other 4?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Wink Can you guess my point of view?

Hi Mike,

I am just trying to stay awake after my 20 hour flight from Atalanta (Bubbalicious) to Australia - got home 2 hours ago

Let's just put this way - the day my MV attraction wanes will be the day I will be in a pine box, or if my family likes me, in a more expensive mahogany box.

At Bubbalicious, I did about 500klms on a Triumph 675 Daytona as I had not ridden a triple previously (thanks for you kindness Mary) and I was hoping to get some insight into the F3 - all I can say is that I am now 1000 times more anxious than before for it to arrive!!!!!

Just to be absolutely clear - NO I can never change!

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Big Randaddy

Mike, I agree with Rob. There are plenty of bikes that are cheaper, faster, easier, etc., but the overall heritage and sex appeal of a MV is unsurpassed in a contemporary motorcycle company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Hi Mike,

I am just trying to stay awake after my 20 hour flight from Atalanta (Bubbalicious) to Australia - got home 2 hours ago

Let's just put this way - the day my MV attraction wanes will be the day I will be in a pine box, or if my family likes me, in a more expensive mahogany box.

At Bubbalicious, I did about 500klms on a Triumph 675 Daytona as I had not ridden a triple previously (thanks for you kindness Mary) and I was hoping to get some insight into the F3 - all I can say is that I am now 1000 times more anxious than before for it to arrive!!!!!

Just to be absolutely clear - NO I can never change!

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry View Post
So you're planning on selling the other 4?
You'll have to contact someone else. Binned, stolen...

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 PM

I have had days where I wonder why I have a motorcycle at all. After a long winter, when it's always raining, when I am out about with the wife and brining the bike is just not practical. I don't put many miles on my bikes. They have been expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, and expensive when the weather is bad as I feel the need to piss money down the drain on mods. Then something happens....I ride the bike after not having done so for a while and I feel like a kid again and all the impracticality of owning a sportsbike fades away.

Different strokes for different folks as they say. I guess it depends on what is important to you in a bike. Performance? Looks? Exclusivity? Comfort? etc. The newer gen liter bikes are sooooo much lighter and faster than just a few years ago and offer a very different ride than I have ever experienced, whereas even the new F4 (beautiful as it may be) feels like an older gen liter bike in terms of size and acceleration. There are better performing bikes out there......so how important are looks and heritage for your needs? If they are very important you have your answer. If you deep down kind of wonder what the new zx10, rsv4, or bmw are like but afraid of being caught on a common/ugly bike I challenge you to go test ride one. What have you got to lose? You will find out really quickly whether or not your heart still belongs with MV.

For me get the beemer over 7K RPM and last thing on my mind is the headlights.

Last edited by kawininja; 10-20-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode