I'm in Miami bitch!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

I'm in Miami bitch!!

And loving it so far. It's really hot, for me anyway but everyone here is saying how nice it is now it's cooled down! Been to the Everglades and Orlando so far, it's been good. Had a disappointment today though, we wanted to hire a bike out and ride down to the keys tomorrow but the nearest rental place is 50 bucks in a cab which kinda makes the rental expensive for a day then, 100 bucks there and back just for the cab! Shame as we were looking forward to that.

Was massively impressed with Orlando though, islands of adventure was just insane, the Harry Potter ride is superb, so much work and effort gone into that, it kinda leaves me speechless! I'll get some pics up of the trip when I get back, got a great one of my sunburn!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 12:44 PM

glad you are enjoying yourself. There is a lot to do in Florida. Watch out for the gators
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Got a pic with a gator, it was only 3 years old though. Then I left the show and walked to the car park and on the way saw this frikkin huge one half out the water, we had just been told that they can run unto 16mph on land, so I ran 20mph just to be sure :-)
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 PM
lee

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 AM

Don't forget to zig zag when a gator is chasing behind you. Not sure if that works cause i've never looked back.

Be careful with sun burn cause its no joke. There are a lot of folks that come here and get sun poisoned. If you got burnt real bad then seek out an actual aloe vera plant and you can use the stalks/leafs for relief. Have to cut the spiny thing in half with a knife(or peel like a carrot/apple/orange) then you can simply lather down the skin with the goodness found inside. Sure they make lotions with aloe in it, but its best to just go to the source for the best and quick relief.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 01:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to djt77
Glad to hear your having fun
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 AM

BTW, i know there are folks that commute from Miami/Key Largo area all throughout the keys. Not sure what sites are active for commuters posting up rides but if you want to do a google search for something like that you may be able to find folks that could provide rides. Don't know if www.craigslist.org will be of any help but it doesn't hurt to look.

Edit: Did you call up the place(s) and ask if they would bring the bike to you, or maybe they could pick you guys up? It doesn't hurt to ask and hopefully you might be pleasantly surprized. If i had a rental place in the off season and product just sitting there not being used it wouldn't be to unreasonable to make some accommodations in order to be able to rent out items that would otherwise not be earning me any money.

Maybe the place you are staying at has some sort of concierge service that could set up something for you. Sometimes going through a hotel will they can get you a discount. At the very least maybe they could arrange transportation for you.

Last edited by varium; 09-29-2011 at 01:44 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 AM

If you get the chance go down to key west. Totally different place and really laid back
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Hey varium, thanks for the advice, I got an aloe Vera plant and done exactly that, it was very soothing. Now my skin is like a snake, I'm slowly coming out of it!

As for the keys, I'm just of out now to hire a car, there a lots of rental places near me that can do cars, just not bikes. Will head on down to the keys and see what trouble we can get into down there

Numbers 2, I'm going to go to key west to, lots of people have said the same as you so will Definately do that. Looks like it's going to be another nice day.

Thanks dan, hope all is good with you mate, talk when I get back.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 02:22 PM

going to the Keys ehhh.....i hear that lots of Brutie riders inhabit the area.

yep....the rumors are correct....I just googled "florida keys brutie" and got this

http://www.floridakeys.com/keywest/k...gay-travel.htm

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode