Valencia trip - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Valencia trip

On from my trip to the Valencia MotoGP thread, an update on where we are.

We are in Gibraltar and the hotel has the internet, so I thought I'd check in.

The weather was ok from Cherbourg to Gib, if a tad windy. In the UK it was torrential rain though and the ferry crossing was a bit choppy.

On the Malaga to Gibraltar road, two traffic police on bikes, slowed and rode alongside, which was a tad worrying, but were just admiring my brutale.

My son's, girlfriend's father, who is Gibraltarean, asked whether my bike was made by Ducati with a japanese, maybe yamaha engine. He'd never seen an MV.

Going to spend a couple of days chilling out now and then onto Valencia for the MotoGP on Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 05:15 AM

Sounds like a magic trip, and enjoy the GP...or sure it will be historic!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 06:12 AM

Glad to hear from you and thanks for the trip update

I guess you were lucky to get nice weather from home to Gibraltar.
Weather has been terrible here and i guess it hasn't been much better in south of Spain in this last days.
But they say it will get better form today on, so you might just be fine from there to Valencia
Don't forget to take lots of pics and post here when you get back home and be safe.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 10:56 AM

It sounds great apart from the rain! I'm sure you must be very excited - both to visit family AND the race. How about a photo of a monkey on the Brute??

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 12:16 PM

We on our way tomorrow..... by plane tho

See you there

"We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time" Guy Martin Road Racer.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 12:49 PM

Another one here going to Cheste. If you see someone with a Brutale jacket and a Ago cap...that's me
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 01:49 PM

Lucky, lucky people!! that is you guys and the other expected 250,000! Fantastic! enjoy!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

A few pics from the trip.

My mv in Spain. We got to my son's girlfriend's place in Spain, where I managed to wash my poor brutale. I'd forgotten what colour she is.
Attached Images

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Stayed for two nights at The Rock Hotel in Gibraltar. The weather wasn't kind whilst we were there.

Despite a 'do not disturb' sign on the door, the phone rang in the first morning and the management requested that we vacate the room, so that the cleaners could do their work and go home. After 14 hours of travel and a very late night, not impressed. The second morning, first thing, although we didn't have to vacate the room until 11am, a knock on the door, from a member of staff wishing to check the mini-bar. The hotel I felt was more like a show home, where guests are not really welcome, but pay the bills, so have to be suffered.
Attached Images

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

So, we left Gib a day earlier than originally intended, to make our way to Alicante. However, we missed the turning for the main road through Granada and ended up on the coastal route. Very pretty, but the long way round, so we only made it as far as a place called Lorca. This was more like it though. A fabulous 4* hotel, less than half the price of The Rock, wonderful service and staff and even iced beer glasses. Decided to stay there for 2 days instead. Took a trip on the train from there to Murcia. The idea being that we found the centre and a nice cafe/bar and chilled for the day. Asked a local where the centre was (or at least we thought we did) and was instructed on which bus to catch. We ended up here:
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode