Dealer called me today - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Dealer called me today

The dealer that sold me my 2010 F4 called me today regarding the subframe recall. They suggested I get it in within the next week or two. I explained that because of the distance between us, I would not likely bring it in until next year. (I had no intention of having this recall done)
The fellow I was speaking to lives in Ct about a half hour away from me in the opposite direction of his way to work and said he would pick up and deliver the bike.
Is this issue serious enough that MV might be leaning on the dealers to get these subframes off of the road?
I've had several new bikes that were recalled and I never brought them in. I include the letter with the paperwork to the next owner. I never heard anything from the dealer or manufacturer with concern about the recall not being performed.

Pants up, don't loot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
If there is not a REAL chance for something bad to happen they will not issue a safety recall.

You cannot believe the amount pf paperwork and hassle a recall involves with the NHTSA and DOT. It is not something ventured into lightly.

Therefore, I would suggest that, YES, you should have the recall modification performed.

Oh...and the government is leaning on MV...so, yep, they are leaning on the dealers.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 PM

These recalls are driven by a bunch of lawyers....probably no big deal

just keep a small roll of duct tape on the bike in case something happens.
If you are really concerned, maybe a small roll of baling wire for extra piece of mind. Don't use zip ties ..exhaust heat will melt those.

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 01:21 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
What happens if the subframe snaps and you are miles from anywhere on a ride,and you did not take the bike in for the recall,what do you think the dealer is going to say to you.It is a safety recall,have it done and buy the nice cover that one of the forum members has made to hide it.Mitch.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog998 View Post
These recalls are driven by a bunch of lawyers....probably no big deal
Trust me on this one Lewdie.....the lawyers are the last people the engineers go to when they start thinking recall. It is a major pain the butt for a manufacturer to issue a NHTSA recall.

They go to the lawyers when it is time to write the announcement.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:25 AM

I work in aircraft and we never issue a recall unless there's absolutely a chance of failure, even if it takes exact conditions to happen. I would always go for the recall and take it serious. Recalls are a black eye on the company, so they don't issue them just because. Just take it in the first chance you get.

Chris
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Not to hijack Gary's thread, but if an SPU on a Brutale failed, caught fire, and melted the fuel tank, do you think the NHTSA would issue a recall?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 AM
lee

C'mon Carl, you can answer that yourself. If the Govt. (FAA) wouldn't ground (recall more or less) Boeing 737's due to a problem with the rudder actuating servos (planted one near here due to that) you really need to ask about a fucking SPU and fuel tank and the NHTSB?

Puhleeeeeeze----------------

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 09:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
If I'd know what they would bold on my bike I'd never agreed upon it. Insist on a new subframe instead....

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 09:22 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
C'mon Carl, you can answer that yourself. If the Govt. (FAA) wouldn't ground (recall more or less) Boeing 737's due to a problem with the rudder actuating servos (planted one near here due to that) you really need to ask about a fucking SPU and fuel tank and the NHTSB?

Puhleeeeeeze----------------
Well, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Here is the ODI # they assigned to my complaint: 10426720

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode