Dealership opinions.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
ASM

Dealership opinions....

Alright....since it is about time to put deposits down...I'd like to kindly ask for your opinions about the following three dealerships that are closest to my current area of living:

* Motor Cycle Center, Villa Park, Illionois
* Blue Moon Cycle, Norcross, Georgia
* European Motorsports, Dahlonega, Georgia

As far as distance goes, the one in Illinois wins, however, whether I drive 5 or 6 hours does not really matter at the end of the day. I am looking for people in the area that have used either dealership and can provide some information such as size of the dealership, friendliness, mechanical excellence, quality of service and so on.

As I don't have the time to visit each dealership on my own, I kind of need to rely on your opinions in order to select one...

As always, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ciao, Andreas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Still have to visit Blue Moon. They have a good rep amongst the BMW crowd. The owner got into the business restoring old Beemers and selling parts for them. Mixed reviews from the MV owners that have been there.

The guys in Dahlonega are enthusiasts...the tech has been to Ducati schools and MV schools (at Ferraci) and is very experienced on Moto Guzzis. Small shop...I like them.

Illinois...no clue...wrong side of the Mason Dixon.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
ASM

Thanks Ed...very much appreciated.

I am still hoping for some more comments especially since I know that we have more members living and riding MVs in that area....

Ciao, Andreas
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 AM

I bought my ape from Euro in Dahlonega, like the people. Service mgr,/tech Ian is very enthusiastic about Italian bikes.

They sell lots of bikes there, amazingly, even with that, the owner sent me a 1page handwritten letter thanking me for the business.
Combined with the great hours (they're open Wed-Sun) during the riding season which is brilliant because N. Ga is a huge biking mecca.

Went to Blue Moon, seemed ok, but wasn't wowed by them in any respects.

Chris

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 09:54 AM

I'd also like to see responses on Motor Cycle Center as they are the nearest to me. I miss Corse Superbike in Saukville WI.

Looks like a little gap between dealership location, northeastern Wisconsin to Fisherville Kentucky.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmhand View Post
Looks like a little gap between dealership location, northeastern Wisconsin to Fisherville Kentucky.
Tell me about it....I am trying to persuade my Ducati dealership (Indianapolis) to also take on MV...

Ciao, Andreas
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
I bought my ape from Euro in Dahlonega, like the people. Service mgr,/tech Ian is very enthusiastic about Italian bikes.

They sell lots of bikes there, amazingly, even with that, the owner sent me a 1page handwritten letter thanking me for the business.
Combined with the great hours (they're open Wed-Sun) during the riding season which is brilliant because N. Ga is a huge biking mecca.

Went to Blue Moon, seemed ok, but wasn't wowed by them in any respects.

Chris
Chris,

Thank you very much...it seems that the one Dahlonega would be the preference when going down to Georgia....well...I actually read that Atlanta is considered the number 1 city for men due to the abundance of southern girls...so might not be the worst case heading down there to get the bike serviced...

Ciao, Andreas
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 PM

Andreas, the Ducati dealership here in Springfield, which I'm sure is quite a bit closer to you than the Chicago dealership, works on the pre-'10 MVs because they used to sell them. I'm going to be asking them in the near future whether they'll work on the post-'09 bikes since this will affect my decision to buy an F3. I'll let you know if their answer is affirmative.

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
Andreas, the Ducati dealership here in Springfield, which I'm sure is quite a bit closer to you than the Chicago dealership, works on the pre-'10 MVs because they used to sell them. I'm going to be asking them in the near future whether they'll work on the post-'09 bikes since this will affect my decision to buy an F3. I'll let you know if their answer is affirmative.
Thanks Mike...unfortunately they only differ about 12 miles....but it is always good to have options...

God....I really need to move....

Ciao, Andreas
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Thanks Mike...unfortunately they only differ about 12 miles....but it is always good to have options...

God....I really need to move....
Need to get that deposit in need to be on the F3 next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode