Steel Horse Classics WARNING!!!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Steel Horse Classics WARNING!!!!!

STEELHORSE CLASSICS WILLIAMBURG, VA

Just wanted share my worst shop visit ever:
I took my bike to them to have my timing chain adjuster changed under the service bulletin that ended up to costing 750.00 in the end and over 2 1/2 months in shop WTF... Thats not the worsted part it gets better. It was in shop that long because of a gasket that they were having trouble getting from MV which I understand due to there system change but I made one phone call to FBF and they had it in stock and would ship it to them, lord knows how long it would of been in there if I didn't call...
But it still gets worst.... I went to pickup my bike and when I looked at it I almost cryed, the steering dampner bolts were sticking half way out, the 2 rubber garment in the air box were stripped and broke, the gas tank and air box had a big gap between them and didn't line up, my front fork seal were leaking real bad, had a puddle setting on the rim (they didn't when I dropped it off), it had a big scratch on the belly pan that still had the paint strip still hanging there and lastly was they didn't even bother wiping there greasy ass finger prints of the fairings everything was covered with oily finger prints........ They acted like it was no big issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I wrote a letter to the owner and waited for a response, but never responded back. I gave them a chance but I guess they didn't care. I will never go back to them again, I'll drive the extra miles to go to different shop.

Last edited by mrdon003; 08-26-2011 at 09:50 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 02:17 AM

Sounds very much like a certain Ducati dealer here in Melbourne Australia.
F..king hopeless and not good enough.
Will never be back there again.
Having said that I did get a reply from the head honcho in Sydney after contacting him.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 06:21 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
With a name like Steel Horse, they don't sound like the specialize in MV Agustas.

If you are in Virgina, why didn't you go to Duc Pond? I've been dealing with them for a while and they sound like they know what they are doing and take great care of your bike.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I would also recommend Duc Pond in VA. Donnie over there takes good care of people, and italian bikes!!

Sorry to hear about the screw up.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 12:20 PM

This is not normal service for Steelhorse Classics.

Did LA do the work?

Have you talked to Doug Smith, the manager?

Have you contacted Carol or Mike Warner the owners?

Mike owns several MV's including a CC, LA owns a Brutale. I'm not to sure about Doug, but these people are passionate about MV's, are MV owners and are good people.

This is a shop that specializes in MV's and Moto Guzzi.

I would not have picked up the bike and or paid for the work wothout discussing your concerns with a manager or owner.

Either you are leaving part of the story out for some reason or you have something to hide. You just do not write a letter to the owner when your $25,000 bike has allegedly been damaged by a shop.

What gives?

The sheep remain inside their pen,
Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

Last edited by jethead; 08-27-2011 at 12:23 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I talked to everybody there but the owner, tryed to tell me that they didn't do that or acted like it wasn't a big deal, owner wasn't there at the time, I had to drive almost 2hrs threw traffic to get there just to see my bike in this condition, I wasn't about to let them work on it again hard to tell what else would of happen, theirs nothing they could do now to get me to bring my bike back there again! Its been over two weeks now and no response either he doesn't care or his co workers never gave him the letter.

Last edited by mrdon003; 08-28-2011 at 11:46 AM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I used to go the DUC Pond when I live in WV and thats one of my top two bike shops to go for work. Its about a 4-5 hr drive there, but thats were I will go from now on for major work.

Last edited by mrdon003; 08-28-2011 at 11:47 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

the worst part for them is I was gonna by B4 1090 from them, not going to happen now.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdon003 View Post
the worst part for them is I was gonna by B4 1090 from them, not going to happen now.
I'd be asking for a credit as they have damaged your motorcycle..That's just wrong..

joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode