Getting parts from the Factory - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Angry Getting parts from the Factory

1 week old Brutale 1090RR came to grief on a pelican crossing locking the front wheel to avoid indecisive driver who went and then did not. Now 4 months later still waiting for a part that has to come from the factory. Dealer doing the repair does not know when it will arrive, importer in the UK does not know or seem to care. All I want to know is how to contact the factory to try and get this moving. What should have been my best summer ever has been completely wasted. Helpppppppppppp. Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 03:17 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
What part is it?
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Established Member

Parts supply from MV will restart from this week so your worries should be over soon.
post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Parts supply from MV will restart from this week so your worries should be over soon.
you reckon ? ; )
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
1 week old Brutale 1090RR came to grief on a pelican crossing locking the front wheel to avoid indecisive driver who went and then did not. Now 4 months later still waiting for a part that has to come from the factory. Dealer doing the repair does not know when it will arrive, importer in the UK does not know or seem to care. All I want to know is how to contact the factory to try and get this moving. What should have been my best summer ever has been completely wasted. Helpppppppppppp. Mark
Mark, My next door neighbour is Italian. If you wish to pm me your message to Varese, I can have him translate it into Italian for you as a word document

I feel very sorry for you. I lost the use of my first MV for a year and then 4 months again waiting for the parts via MotoGb.
You are snookered as the bike is under warranty..Out of warranty and you can fit used parts at your own discretion

joe
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Established Member

bummer, you're one of the many people now blocked by the lack of parts but you will be glad to hear that Parts Logistics are now taken over by SAIMA, a very serious partner who should be able to get things up to speed soon. Too late to save your summer probably but reassuring for the future. Hang in there!
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 05:11 PM

Great. Another Mark Smith. I thought I was the only one .
Sorry to hear about your mis-hap with the auto.
This Mark Smith won't go near 'em, let alone hit one. They'll always win.
I'm saving mine for the Track.
Hope you get your parts soon, Mark Smith.
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 12:36 PM

I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting for a radiator for a month now. all the dealer can tell me is that its on backorder and when they see it they will notafy me.

since I’ve owned this bike its been in the shop longer than my garage.
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Mark, as Carl (CAG) has said, what part are you after? Carl has many MV parts and may be able to get you out on the road again, if he hasn't got what you want someone else on here may have.

Estebuu, which radiator do you need? I have a top radiator and gotojoe has a lower one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM

thanks john! the shop is replacing the radiator for free since I boght thte bike there. its just taking WAY too long!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode