Roadracing World - MV Agusta - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Roadracing World - MV Agusta

September 2011 issue of Roadracing World & Motorcyle Technology magazine and a good article about MV Agusta reads as follows...

MV Agusta has not released any details of nor specifications for its new, 2012-model middleweight sportbike, the F3 Triple, but the company has announced that it will have a suggested retail price of 11,990 Euros, or just under $17,000 at mid-July exchange rates. But before those units are delivered later this year, the Italian company plans to produce a limited run of special F3s. The Serie Oro F3 will be immediately identifiable with a glod-colored frame, swingarm and forged aluminim wheels; a special red and silver paint job on the bodywork; a gold finish on the air intake screens; a gold-colored D.I.D. chain; a polished clutch cover and frame plates; a billet alternator cover; seats covered with hand-stitched leather and alcantara; and a numbered gold plaque on the upper triple clamp signifying the machine as a Serie Ora. Many upgraded mechanical parts are also exclusive to the Serie Oro version, including Brembo Monoblock foru-piston radial front calipers and Brembo racing front brake rotors; Ohlins forks and TTX shock; an Ohlins steering damper; and adjustable billet aluminum foot controls. The Serie Ora also comes with a generous amount of carbon-fiber accessories, including front and rear fenders, dashboard cover, airbox side and intake covers, fairing inserts, upper and lower chain guards, swingarm protector cover, countershaft sprocket cover, fairing lower and stacked exhaust outlets.

MV Agusta has signed a letter of intent naming Lifan Industry Co, Ltd., as the official distributer for the brand in China. Distribution is expected to begin by the end of the year, and MV Agusta hopes to have a dealer network established in all the "principal Chinese cities" by the end of 2013. "Distributing the MV models through a prestigious society like Lifan ensures that we will enter into this very important market with a very strong commercial partner at our side, respecting the Chinese culture, mentality and laws," Umberto Uccelli, Commercial Director of MV Agusta, was quoted as saying in a press release issued by MV Agusta.

Last edited by MVArt; 12-29-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I read that article as well (i love that magazine by the way!) Thanks for typing the entire thing for everyone else. I am hoping these are signs of progress.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
The paint is certainly "richer" than the standard red, but i really like the fact it is so different from the other colors they use. I will say this, if i had 25K right now, or wasn't trying to move, i would get in line for an Oro b/c i think it is the best looking bike MV has produced since the orignal F4 in 1997!

Motorcycle Art!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham View Post
The paint is certainly "richer" than the standard red, but i really like the fact it is so different from the other colors they use. I will say this, if i had 25K right now, or wasn't trying to move, i would get in line for an Oro b/c i think it is the best looking bike MV has produced since the orignal F4 in 1997!
It is actually a metallic red rather than the enamel looking red we are all used to.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Either way, i love it!

Motorcycle Art!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 04:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVArt View Post
Hi All,

In the September 2011 issue of Roadracing World & Motorcyle Technology magazine, found a good article about MV Agusta. It reads as follows...

MV Agusta has not released any details of nor specifications for its new, 2012-model middleweight sportbike, the F3 Triple, but the company has announced that it will have a suggested retail price of 11,990 Euros, or just under $17,000 at mid-July exchange rates. But before those units are delivered later this year, the Italian company plans to produce a limited run of special F3s. The Serie Oro F3 will be immediately identifiable with a glod-colored frame, swingarm and forged aluminim wheels; a special red and silver paint job on the bodywork; a gold finish on the air intake screens; a gold-colored D.I.D. chain; a polished clutch cover and frame plates; a billet alternator cover; seats covered with hand-stitched leather and alcantara; and a numbered gold plaque on the upper triple clamp signifying the machine as a Serie Ora. Many upgraded mechanical parts are also exclusive to the Serie Oro version, including Brembo Monoblock foru-piston radial front calipers and Brembo racing front brake rotors; Ohlins forks and TTX shock; an Ohlins steering damper; and adjustable billet aluminum foot controls. The Serie Ora also comes with a generous amount of carbon-fiber accessories, including front and rear fenders, dashboard cover, airbox side and intake covers, fairing inserts, upper and lower chain guards, swingarm protector cover, countershaft sprocket cover, fairing lower and stacked exhaust outlets.

MV Agusta has signed a letter of intent naming Lifan Industry Co, Ltd., as the official distributer for the brand in China. Distribution is expected to begin by the end of the year, and MV Agusta hopes to have a dealer network established in all the "principal Chinese cities" by the end of 2013. "Distributing the MV models through a prestigious society like Lifan ensures that we will enter into this very important market with a very strong commercial partner at our side, respecting the Chinese culture, mentality and laws," Umberto Uccelli, Commercial Director of MV Agusta, was quoted as saying in a press release issued by MV Agusta.

Wahoo!!!!

My thoughts here MV should have established a dealerships in the South American region before China. While China is an emerging country and part of the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, China, India) emerging country their policy of one child per couple and the importance of a male means that parents will not be too thrill about their male sons on motorcycle. Motogp expanded to Shanghai with not much success. South America should have been a priority before China,
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 04:16 AM

I have read other articles on the Chinese motorcycle sales and where the demand is going. ( cc )
It appears this is a huge market and growing strongly. From a business perspective I think MV has done a brilliant move in entering into China.

What with the fact that China already have a huge number of riders on bikes , who also are looking to get onto larger machines , their economy is giving the people a lot of money for them to enjoy their passion and meet their dreams.

I cannot recall the statistics but , if I where still in the motor industry ( bikes ) and had any clout on where to market our products ,I definately would be exploring this avenue.

Keep posted , I belive this is going to go off big time and as MV have a very appealing product , the Chinsese a passion for bigger and better bikes , with bucks to burn.... I can see the smoke already...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahulk View Post
My thoughts here MV should have established a dealerships in the South American region before China. While China is an emerging country and part of the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, China, India) emerging country their policy of one child per couple and the importance of a male means that parents will not be too thrill about their male sons on motorcycle. Motogp expanded to Shanghai with not much success. South America should have been a priority before China,
There is might still some lack of informations in Your neck of the woods. You missed that the MV's for Brazil will be assembled in Brazil. Russia has already at least a shop in Moscow. Cagiva's will be build in India. So MV Agusta covered Your demand pretty well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode